Weak instrument lights on one side only

I have an issue where the cluster lights seem way weaker on the left side, and the light on/in the left knob of the AC head unit is off completely. This seems to fix itself after 30 minutes or so of driving.

Worrying because I can't easily read the temp and oil pressure gauges,

Has anyone else seen this? Loose or flakey bulb(s)? Are they easy to replace?

Thx

Hey Morgan, funny you say that I tried it last night and it actually worked. So it's just the two of us!?!? :o)

I have an issue where the cluster lights seem way weaker on the left side, and the light on/in the left knob of the AC head unit is off completely. This seems to fix itself after 30 minutes or so of driving.

Thx
The bulbs in the cluster are easy to replace. If in fact that is the problem though it doesn't sound like it. But they are all located on the back of the cluster. The climate control though, that may need to go to BrianK.

Jinks, briank recently serviced that AC head unit. I need to watch for when this happens again and see if banging the cowl (sorry speedmaster couldn't resist!) also takes care of the AC lighting. Thanks

Thx

The Climate Control Unit has right and left bulbs. They're located on the backside of the unit and can be replaced in matter of seconds once you remove the unit from the dash. The bulbs are available from Honda/Acura. My right side was out.
79670-SL0-A01 BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 100MA)

Thanks for this, very useful info.

this is happening a lot with NSx's that come into my shop lately the problem is the brightness adjuster located next to the pop up you headlights.

you need to open this switch get some sand paper 1000 grit and sand the 2 copper connections till they are bright and pretty, then the 2 prongs that actually make the connection
bend them out a little so they make a stronger connection when put back together.

banging and NSX doesn't fix anything its a placebo

The Climate Control Unit has right and left bulbs. They're located on the backside of the unit and can be replaced in matter of seconds once you remove the unit from the dash. The bulbs are available from Honda/Acura. My right side was out.
79670-SL0-A01 BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 100MA)

How exactly do you replace the bulbs once the unit is out?

They're very easy to replace. Just turn the old bulb socket to release, install the new bulb and socket and turn to lock it in.

How do I access the bulbs? Do I pull the knobs off or open the face? How would I open the face panel?

Back