Watch out speeding in New Jersey

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pass this on. It comes from a very good friend of mine who is actually in trainning to be a NJ state trooper........

“Subject: NJ Speeding Tickets

New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers over time. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

- I-295 north and south
- I-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south
- I-80 east and west
- I-287 north and south
- I-78 east and west
- I-195 east and west
- 1-280 east and west
- Rt. 130 north and south
- Garden State Parkway north and south

- Warning for everyone: Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket

Every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing in all their part timers on full time.

If you work in New Jersey, New York, or CT and if you take one of these interstates, routes, or parkways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do.

....just a heads up

Thanky John! :smile:

Watch out speeding in New Jersey..too late for wifey

she got tagged thursday in warren county
61 in a 45...
had'nt been ticketed in 8 years.

i was very sympathetic, since i routinely
do triple digits along the same road :rolleyes:

revenue enhancement, especially since our new budget has been passed. :mad:

thanx john!! babywatch!??

watch yer leadfeet people!!!

Virginia did something like this several times in the late 90's. It was utterly insane and the worst driving experience I've ever had on that stretch between Richmond to DC. The problem I have with this is that it has absolutely nothing to do with safety like they always claim, merely revenue generation. I don't know how stuff like that is allowed to take place. :mad:

TonyD said:
Did your friend mention when this frenzy will start?

A little google search and I found John's original post (slightly modified) has been floating arount since at least June 28th...

"New Jersey has launched a speeding ticket enforcement campaign during the month of July"

Their enforcement campaign is almost over.... Not sure they are actually enforcing the 5mph over speed limit thing on I-78 since I've passed troopers this month going a bit faster than that :smile:

just got a 79 in a 50.... ouch :frown: to top it off I couldnt find my drivers license when I got pulled over. Not fun at all...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
just got a 79 in a 50.... ouch :frown: to top it off I couldnt find my drivers license when I got pulled over. Not fun at all...

I guess you couldnt find the PBA card either. Hopefully your friend can make a call and help you out. See you at next nsxday

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I guess you couldnt find the PBA card either. Hopefully your friend can make a call and help you out. See you at next nsxday

cop was an ass. I gave him the PBA and he said my friend should call him and he'll drop the ticket. Bringing any Ferrari's friends to NSX-STOCK?

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

Have them put a speed limiter along with your supercharger :wink:

nsxtacey said:
Have them put a speed limiter along with your supercharger :wink:

I was driving my M3 :wink: very fast and extremely quiet; I never realize how fast im going.

Back