Watch out from this NSX on ebay!!!!!! jh4na1157mt001376

I was surprised to see how horrible the seats and the engine area are for an NSX with 70k miles.....and i told myself there is no way this NSX is in this worn out condition with only 70k miles......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-N...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guess what......

my instinicts were right !!!!

Warning this vehicle does not qualify as AutoCheck Assured.
Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck | Vehicle Information | Full History
A problem has been found with this vehicle's title.

A possible odometer rollback/rollover detected! We determine odometer rollbacks on your 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157MT001376) by searching for records that indicate an odometer reading less than a previously reported value.
Report Date: 10/23/2005
Date Reported Odometer Reading
07/21/1992 6,961
07/30/1992 7,923
11/21/1994 123 Possible Odometer Rollback/Rollover
10/16/1998 30,741
10/16/2002 55,449

Re: Watch out from this NSX on ebay!!!!!!

Shady odometer history and quite possibly the ugliest rims ever mounted on a NSX.
Nice Diablo in the background though.

Yes the rims are horrific....and looking at the pictures again, i am starting to think that i see some unequal gaps in the body...which are usually signs of prior accident....

chytaan said:
Date Reported Odometer Reading
07/21/1992 6,961
07/30/1992 7,923
11/21/1994 123 Possible Odometer Rollback/Rollover
10/16/1998 30,741
10/16/2002 55,449
I think it's plausible that the 11/21/1994 reading was for 123xx miles. It wouldn't make sense to rollback an odometer when it probably had less than 20,000 miles on it.

Otherwise, that NSX looks like it had a hard life, probably.

I don't thinkthe odometer has been rolled back. It's probably a typo at Carfax.
Nobody woulld list it at 123 miles.
It looks like it has been damaged. How badly is the question.

The placement of the digits on the ODO are suspect..the 2 in 72k is too high if it still had 8k to go to flip over it would most likely not be placed that high.

The car looks beat for sure...and whats the deal with not detailing the engine compartment or the interior?

"The exterior looks to be in mint condition. The prior owner must have parked this vehicle far away from anyone - we could not even locate a single door ding."

>>>"MINT CONDITION" !!!! ?? <<< He calls this car MINT!!!
>>>"No dings" !!! <<< there are scratches and marks all over !!!

"The care of this auto has been well maintained, and its extra clean exterior is all the proof you need. The interior has been well kept and is clean also.

>>>Extra Clean Ext., well kept Interior" !! <<< check the quarter panels, seats, engine bay, etc...!!!!

What is he smoking ??!! or maybe he thinks buyers are blind !

All that inaccurate representation, and odometer problems...... I dont know how sellers like that , still maintain 100% positive feedback ?!!

its a DMV human error

Honestly carfax is not the final say by any means and there are lots of errors due to DMV people or the owners themselves.

I had this proble too with one of my cars before. I pissed me off so bad.

STubid witch at the DMV punched in the wrong number.

suppose to tbe 130000 miles and she puts in 13000

Now my car is tainted forever. I went back to the DMV to get this changed with a new pink slip and it still shows up on car fax. It SUCKS, i was so pissed i could have kicked out this ladies two front teeth.

anyways, 123 looks a little wierd that it is missing 2 numbers but no one is stubid enough to turn back the ODO that much :P

Seat wear looks about right for the milage.

Maybe someone at the DMV was pissed that someone else had a nice car and decided to rune it for them? many human factors which require your own interperation.

im sure wheni come and sell my car i'll come up against this problem too but i just keep the car running and looking clean as can be. I'll just explain the situation and tell them to take it or leave it.

btw the rims... oh lordy

they are ugly. i hate chrome to start from. Too heavy, kills performance and just too damn shiny. Simple minded people are easily entertained by shiny objects :D

I like the wording, 'The odometer SHOWS 72,000 miles,' which is the con man's way out of getting pinched for odometer fraud when the new buyer finds CarFax. :mad:

That car is almost 15 years old, and has almost 80k on it.
It just looks like someone who didnt care about the car owned it. Or, they cared about it but just neglected the car altogether.

Either way, it has potential, but needs work.

I like the rims. They go well with the purple window tint. :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure this car has been wrecked twice in the front as well down in Florida. I don't know how this car got to Boston though.

I saw this car sell at Manheim Auto Auction. The seller had 2 NSX's there for the high-line sale. The first was a near perfect 92 with 45k in red and the second was this rat. Car sold for $24.5k if im not mistaken and the miles seem actual. The Carfax records arent always accurate and typo's are becoming more and more common. The rims are horrible but the price seemed right. Im trying to talk my brother into an NSX and thought this was a no brainer but he couldnt stand those awful wheels and claimed the car did nothing for him.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I saw this car sell at Manheim Auto Auction. The seller had 2 NSX's there for the high-line sale. The first was a near perfect 92 with 45k in red and the second was this rat. Car sold for $24.5k if im not mistaken and the miles seem actual. The Carfax records arent always accurate and typo's are becoming more and more common. The rims are horrible but the price seemed right. Im trying to talk my brother into an NSX and thought this was a no brainer but he couldnt stand those awful wheels and claimed the car did nothing for him.

I understand where your brother is coming from. The wheels make the car. For some people it's hard to look past that though. I bet if the car above had the newer stock rims even, your brother would have taken a second look.

they put new leather in from leather seats.com I can tell. and the rims geez I use to want them for mine but seeing it I dont like them now.

they put new leather in from leather seats.com I can tell. and the rims geez I use to want them for mine but seeing it I dont like them now.

Yup, seeing the descriptions of the car in this thread from 2005, the car in the listing almost seems like a whole different car. Leather/interior looks to be in good condition (though i'm not a fan of that cf trim), only other thing I can see is the brown stains (possible water damage?) in the trunk.

Talked to Current Dealer

I called on this car when it was at $32k and guy would not budge. He said paint was good, but if you look at front end pics you can see a lot of scratches in the paint. No maintenance records at all. He did say there was a slight smell of mildew in the trunk. Radio, heat, seats, controls all work I was told. I told him good luck and that I thought it was a $27K car. Now it is down to $29.5k and seeing this history now I would be looking much lower. Getting harder to find a clean car even with these car fax, auto check and so on! Do your homework!!

Back