Watch out Ferrari. The Dodge Neon will eat you??

I found this post on Ferrari Chat "interesting" :)
Time to sell-em all and get the BIG DOG!! :)

Thats right F-car fans, many of us will now be getting out doors smoked by none other than a showroom stock Dodge Neon. To make matters worse, this Neon sells brand new for under $20K.

check it out:

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html

Of coarse I realise its not really F-car competition and is meaningless for any comparison purpose. However I do find it AMAZING and GREAT that a US car company is able to offer this kind of performance in a nice little sedan at this price! How many more years before your $25K Dodge sedan does 0-60 in 4.5 sec and tops out at 190mph while pulling 1.2g on the skidpad????

I'll wait a couple of years and pick one of these Neons up for under $10k to use as a daily hack!

before anyone goes out to buy one or continue with praises, let me step in.

my cousin lance over at the dodge dealership allowed to testdrive their one and only dodge neon SRT-4....

with 3 people in the car and not dropping the clutch at first (duh....a brand new car), i slowly accelerated until about 2k rpm and then floored it....the front wheels couldn't stop spinning.

the car is a mini-beast with 245lbs of torque...haa...more than NSX, but no traction whatsoever......i hate to admit it.....they are fast but the driver must be tamed.

i can just picture young kids out there crashing these puppies....

reliable or not, it's still got a 3yr/36k warranty....for $20k, it's a fun little beast.....but then it could spend more time in the shop than on the road....:D

my cousin lance also showed me their SRT-10 in the garage...very awesome.....next to it was a 2002 Viper GTS they had never sold.

A big sign on it said "Do not start it. Warning lights on second time in 10 days" Brand new car....go figure.

Back