Wanted to introduce myself

Hello all! I have been reading on this forum for some time now, guess it's time to join. I am finally in the position to own one of these beautiful pieces of rolling art. I remember standing in front of a rotating pedestal at the 1990 Portland Auto Show (I was 9). The pedestal had a red NSX on it. That car is burned into my memory. My father has a picture of that car hanging from the inside of his closet door. He said he had to tear me away from the exhibit. Since that day I knew I would own one. Through the magazine Autoweek (that's been in the house since before I was born) I followed all the updates to the NSX over it's production run. It was a sad day when I read it was being discontinued without a replacement even if they said it was just for a short time, which it has not been. Anyways back to the introduction. I did not buy and X today, prolly won't buy one tomorrow. I have been patient for 20 years, I don't mind waiting a few for months for the right one to come along. I look forward to learning from everyone here on Prime, I've already learned alot from you. Thank you all.

Last edited:
I think I saw the same display in 1990 when Acura and the NSX came to the LA Auto Show. I was in 10th grade and I said to myself I am going to buy that for myself one day. Somehow 5 years later I was able to purchase a 1991 model.

Many many years later and many cars later I am back in another NSX. There is something to say about our cars. I love them and hopefully when I get another car, it will be in addition to my NSX.

She has my heart (an my wallet) :biggrin:

Welcome and I tell all new owners or future owners to read this article about buying an NSX

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html

read and learn, print it out and take it with you when you go to see you Potential NSX purchase

goodluck

Thank you for the info! I've actually read it a couple times already, was betting someone would suggest it. It is great information.

I think I saw the same display in 1990 when Acura and the NSX came to the LA Auto Show. I was in 10th grade and I said to myself I am going to buy that for myself one day. Somehow 5 years later I was able to purchase a 1991 model.

Many many years later and many cars later I am back in another NSX. There is something to say about our cars. I love them and hopefully when I get another car, it will be in addition to my NSX.

She has my heart (an my wallet) :biggrin:

I can see why this car would bring ya back. Drove my first one on Saturday. The car was in sad shape for sure, repaint, stuttering on acceleration, extremely hard to shift, oil leaks, dead battery, dash cover was stapled (yes stapled) to the dash, horrible metallic silver upholsty throughout, not to mention the bangs and clanks coming from the drivetrain on low speed on off throttle maneuvers. Other than that I had a BLAST! So darned much fun!

Back