Wanted for NSX Driver: Notable NSX Owner Garages

I love garages. In fact, I have several books about auto enthusiasts and their garages. I'm sure I'm not alone. So in that theme, I'd like to do an article in NSX Driver profiling NSX owners and their garages. Ideally, it'd feature at least 10 NSX owers and garages of note. "Of note" means outstanding garages that are interesting or pleasing aethestically, promoting the brand or model, shrines to motorsports, mucho tools or shop equipment, etc (you get the picture). Pics, lots of them so we can choose what's best, and availability to be interviewed by email or phone is a must.

If you have a garage of note, please let me know! I'd love to see some good response and would enjoy writing this for the club magazine. :)

Last edited:
Appreciate the links. Hopefully, the owners who'd like to be profiled in NSX Driver will respond to this thread.

Here's mine:

nsx.jpg

Yeah SteveT wins this, however lets focus on the guys who don't have more cars then the GM dealership down the block. I work very hard to pay for my one and only sports car. I built this addition to my garage this past summer so that when I found the car of my dreams.....she would have a place to call home. I worked on it every day for 2 months (between my regular 40+ hour a week job and sleep) It turned out better then expected. My wife calls it my adult toy box...

Attachments

• NSX garage.JPG
    NSX garage.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 952
  • NSX garage2.JPG
    NSX garage2.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 956
quote: My wife calls it my adult toy box...

Is the babe in your avatar your wife? If so, she looks like quite the adult toy...

;) no offense intended/just kidding

newby said:
Yeah SteveT wins this, however lets focus on the guys who don't have more cars then the GM dealership down the block. I work very hard to pay for my one and only sports car. I built this addition to my garage this past summer so that when I found the car of my dreams.....she would have a place to call home. I worked on it every day for 2 months (between my regular 40+ hour a week job and sleep) It turned out better then expected. My wife calls it my adult toy box...

I think your garage looks great!!! :cool:

My vote goes for Newby. He handcrafted one heck of a garage out of non-esoteric materials, a nominal budget and normal space. Very cool.

And CHOICE gets my next nod. If for anything, his excellent taste in cars too.

No offense to SteveT (actually, I'm very impressed with his toy box and wish I could compete), but unless he owns up to how much DIY effort he put into his garage it doesn't make me aspire to do something similar. I hate to say it: but his garage lacks any character, it might as well be a bus depot.

Drew

/The top guy is always an easy target.
//Now if he really did refurbish a bus depot, that would be cool!
///I still would want SteveT's garage, just not a vote.

Hey drew, thanks for the vote. It was a lot of work, but in the end it was worth every bead of sweat.

Oh and DCNSX.... if that was my wife in that picture...I would be doing something much more fun right now then typing on this forum :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. Please keep in mind that this isn't a popularity contest or something anyone can vote for. It's just a request for NSX owners with nice garages to be interviewed for the NSXCA magazine, NSX Driver.

newby, you have a PM. :)

Ponyboy I think we understand that this isn't a straw vote affair.

What I think we are trying to encourage the "normal joe" to submit their garage. Not make it some foregone conclusion. I would think you would want as many good entries as reasonable.

Maybe make some categories up to allow competition with those folks that have a large checkbook. Off the cuff: Most Character, Useful (my forte), Compact (for those in the Bay Area, where they have 5 foot high garage doors) and maybe Editors Choice.

This would make very interesting reading for normal folks. The could read about learn and try improve upon their garage. And do next years competition...;)

SteveT and Choice have some pretty terrifying odds to compete with, I wouldn't even submit if "best" were the sole criteria -- SteveT wins (big, many doors, clean, vaulted ceilings, lifts.

Drew

FWIW: I spent my wad on a garage that has an incredible ocean view. The garage isn't real impressive...but the view sure is! Open the sliders and the garage cools down to 70 deg year around, take in ocean and attempt to work on car.

I guess it's not really the best garage to get stuff done...the place is a mess right now...my CTSC has been sitting for 8+ months in the corner, maybe I'll install it "next year". (Decided that lobster diving was more important this month.)

Point taken, thanks. So far, I think a fair variety of garages are being represented. From wild to mild and from museum to DIY mechanic. But again, it's really no competition. I'll profile as many deserving owners and garages as want to be included.

To the person who gave me a negative reputation mark for this thread today and w/o listing anything specific...thanks. You make volunteer work fun. :p

Last edited:
No NSX here, but this has my vote for the best garage I have ever seen.

Attachments

• ferrari-garage.jpg
    ferrari-garage.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 772
The Ferrari garage looks more like a dealership then a garage, sweet line up of cars though. I guess if you own that many ferraris, you might as well make it look like a Ferrari dealership...... ;)

Ponyboy,

I took a few pix of the detached garage the other day. We will plan to have the floor acid etched and stamped in the spring. My NSX is at Gerry Johnsons, but at least we have one parked in this garage :-)

79360501.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

366683c3.jpg

I can take a few pix of the attached garage, too if you think it will be worthy for NSX Driver

Best regards,

Ben

Sure,

Here's a pic of the car from the side. The spoiler was manufactured by Autoform and combined with the front splitter has improved the high speed handling characteristics.

a69a2f97.jpg

It is actually quite entertaining at over 800 hp and tq at the wheels. A few on this board have been a passenger and one has driven it.....all have smiled and may chime in.

Ben, I'd love to do an interview about your garage and stable! Looks great! I'll send over the questions if you're open to it.

beckertb said:
Sure,

Here's a pic of the car from the side. The spoiler was manufactured by Autoform and combined with the front splitter has improved the high speed handling characteristics.
It is actually quite entertaining at over 800 hp and tq at the wheels. A few on this board have been a passenger and one has driven it.....all have smiled and may chime in.

Thats one mean looking ride and im sorry for thread jacking by asking about the wing.

Back