Want to finally get my NSX! Questions.

Hello, nice forum you have here. It's been a miserable day here. I have spent the better part of the day on this site. There is tons of info but I have more questions than anwers.

I am a honda auto tech. I do some acura work but have never had the pleasure to work on an nsx. Many s2000's but I have only driven an nsx 15 miles.

I have always wanted one. I dreamed of a red NSX with soichiro1 as the tag.

I have the best next thing. A VTEC vfr in italian red. It is hondas bike that is closest to the nsx. All day comfort and speed.

I know the first NSX's were rear tire eaters. I think it was a camber issue. Whats the deal and what do I look for. Have the specs been changed?

I know the 6speed is most desireable, does the 5speed have problems?

What are known problems for the earlier model nsx. My price will be for a 91-95 unit with some miles. Speaker problem?

I will be looking at stock cars. I only an intake and exhaust, type s wheels.
Thanks IA.

Pics of my 2 wheel NSX

Attachments

• VFRrebuild053Small.jpg
    VFRrebuild053Small.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44
  • VFRrebuild058Small.jpg
    VFRrebuild058Small.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 55
You will find the answers to many of your questions in the Wiki or FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). For the Wiki, click on Wiki in the red bar at the top of your screen. For the FAQ, click here.

I know the first NSX's were rear tire eaters. I think it was a camber issue. Whats the deal and what do I look for. Have the specs been changed?
It was a toe issue, not a camber issue, and the specs were changed. Read the FAQ section on Alignment under the Wheels and Tires heading.

I know the 6speed is most desireable, does the 5speed have problems?
No, except for certain transmissions in the "snap ring range". Read the FAQ section on "Transmission (incl. Snap Ring Failure)" under the Troubleshooting heading.

What are known problems for the earlier model nsx.
Read the FAQ sections under the Troubleshooting heading.

Speaker problem?
Problems with the speakers - they're actually with the amps that are part of the speakers - can be inexpensively fixed by sending them out to NSXprime member BrianK. You can find more info on his website at nsxe-repair.com. As well as in the FAQ section on Sound System under the Troubleshooting heading.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. Tons of info here.

It's funny how many parts appear to be off the shelf honda accord parts. Some of the switches, exhaust hangers, egr valve, etc.

Gorgeous bike! Are you planning on purchasing a red nsx to match the bike?

Thanks, the bike is a vfr800, yes the one with VTEC. I wanted a vfr and an nsx in 1990. I got the VFR a few years ago, now it's time for the NSX.

Yes, I want red, the only proper color.

Do you guys get comments like nice ferrari or what is that? It is a rare car. The VFR is all red and blacked out, also a rare bike. I hear nice ducati all the time.

Thanks, the bike is a vfr800, yes the one with VTEC. I wanted a vfr and an nsx in 1990. I got the VFR a few years ago, now it's time for the NSX.

Yes, I want red, the only proper color.

Do you guys get comments like nice ferrari or what is that? It is a rare car. The VFR is all red and blacked out, also a rare bike. I hear nice ducati all the time.

I had 1 off these put about 36K in 2 years the new 1200 kicks ass but its little late for me because I got something else Honda had hand built like the NSX called NRX 1800 or Rune it was only made in 04-05 about 1000 or so made worldwide.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Good luck<o:p></o:p>
Ravi<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

I had 1 off these put about 36K in 2 years the new 1200 kicks ass but its little late for me because I got something else Honda had hand built like the NSX called NRX 1800 or Rune it was only made in 04-05 about 1000 or so made worldwide.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
Good luck<O:p></O:p>
Ravi<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

Yeah I know the RUNE. I never cared for the styling but do think it is an awesome honda flagship bike. I cant get use to the new vfr. I am starting to like it more, but it is still strange. On VFRD (the best vfr forum) we call it the veefalo because it looks like a buffalo. It reminds me of Johnny bravo or a lady with double E's and toothpick legs.

I have put 65k miles on the VFR since 06. It is absolutly bullet proof. I have a couple honda classics and 2 for the dirt.

Back