Want to buy NSX, questions:

Hello.

I currently have $30,000 CAD saved up towards my NSX, and a quick look on www.buysell.com looks like I can get a 91-92 NSX for ~$40,000 CAD (maybe I can get it for less?)

This is my first time buying such an expensive car, so I'm looking for someone experienced that can guide me through the process - since the car could be a good distance away from my location, I'm having trouble figuring out how this will work.

How do I prevent myself from getting ripped off/scammed, buying a lemon, etc.

Is there anything special I need to do to prepare for the sale? after the sale?

You may want to ask yourself what your plans are w/ the car. If you want a supercharger, aftermarket wheels, ect. I looked until i found one w/ everthing i wanted then added a few more on to it and was satisfied for now.

Some of the things I did:

1. Run the VIN through carfax.com
2. Call the dealer who services the car and talk to the people there
3. Pay for the owner to have a compression test done and have the dealer fax you the results.

Great advice here in these forums. I just got my first NSX on Saturday--a 1991 w/36,700 miles. Paid $31,900 and couldn't be happier. I went and drove it home from LA. to KY. Took that long to get used to that high stiff clutch and not smoke the rears! You can and should have the PPI, but still, trust is involved. It took me 3 years on here to find just what I wanted--very low miles, superbly maintained, red w/ivory, affordable on a teacher's pay. It was worth the wait! Glad I never settled for 2nd best (and I was tempted!) WOW--what a chariot! First red car I ever waxed where not one trace of oxidation came off. This is a CAR! Good luck!

The only thing I would add is you should be willing to go see the car in person after it passes all of your other requirements, to be sure it is as you expect. May cost you an airline ticket or two, but most likely worth it. I flew to see mine and was glad I did. Good luck.

Back