Want a 97 Targa 6-speed for less than $40K?

If I was in the market and the maintenance was absolutely, positively perfect, I would not hesitate to pick it up. Anyone agree or disagree?

:rolleyes:

If the car has never been in an accident, never had body work, and has been fully serviced, I think the car is more than a steal at $39995. With 106k miles, you gotta figure the majority of them were collected on the highway.

Or spend ~$7000 more and get one with 10-30k miles. Doesn't seem like big enough a discount for the extreme mileage, theres something psychological about 100k on the odometer. JMO

Nate

You are right, that is only $0.10 per milediscount, not sufficient at all. I would not go for it if I could get the same year with 70K+ fewer miles. Glad you changed my perspective!!:cool:

I am an exotic car broker... and can honestly say 39.9k is not a deal for this car! I saw a 97 sell for $32k over the summer at an auction in FL, a very clean T-6spd with 102k with all records and no paint! There are many available for 40k with 40-50k miles at dealer auctions. IMHO this car is only worth around 31-32k...

Back