Wake up socal

I literally starred at the screen for 10 minutes before admitting there is nothing to say in the SoCal section šŸ˜©. Has anyone ever thought about a monthly meet to eat or grab a drink?

Lunch at the Yellow Deli.........pick a date. Les isn't available this weekend. My GF is not available until 2/1 or 2/2

Game won't start until mid late afternoon and the roads would be ours in the morning.

Yeah but the Yellow Deli doesn't open till noon and by the time we eat, as their service is slow because they prepare everything fresh, we would be hard pressed to get back in time for the start of the game. I didn't get back to OC untill late afternoon both times we went there.

OK so we will need to choose another day later in February. I can push back a week or two.

I literally starred at the screen for 10 minutes before admitting there is nothing to say in the SoCal section ļ˜©. Has anyone ever thought about a monthly meet to eat or grab a drink?

The only way to bring back interest here in the SoCal section on prime is to get Adrian to shutdown the SoCal FB group he created.

I have thought about a monthly meet on a weekend to make it easier for everyone to go to since it's hard for the people up north to come to SCA and the people from the south to go to SGV during the week. Just not sure how much interest there is. Maybe this post will get peoples opinion.

So.......I'm going to record the game and I have a 65" TV with an awesome surround sound system. It's 30 min from Yellow Deli to my house. If we start watching the game 1 hour after it actually starts we will see the entire game and miss nothing except the "award winning commercials" which is an oxymoron. You bring the chips.

Jill is also off 2/8-9 but we are going to be in Park City for a week. Next time for her is 3/1-2

A monthly get together that involves a drive and/or an outdoor or car themed venue (we have Corvette Diner in San Diego, Pit Stop in Oceanside, Yellow Deli in Valley Center....don't know what YOU have "midway" but something similar) would be amazing. We could gauge interest by doing it ONCE, see who shows up and THEN deciding to do it again (or not). Nothing to lose but a drive in our NSX's to get there. Oh how terrible THAT would be.

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't have to be yellow deli. I am always up for adventurous places. Perhaps some tender baby back ribs... ummm yum...

Les - not a bad idea in order to get us together. You are correct as the Thursday meets in Costa Mesa and SGV are a little tough for some. I like the occational Huntington Beach taco hangout but the parking sucks. I think we will need to;
1) See who is interested
2) determine a midway point for all
3) find a place to hang, oggle, eat or drink
4) host one and see if we get the attendance/interest to host another

Otherwise, we do our regularly scheduled Thursday night meets and the occational planned drives.

Oh yea, Adrian killed Prime! And the young whipersnappers are never going to give it up.

The only way to bring back interest here in the SoCal section on prime is to get Adrian to shutdown the SoCal FB group he created.

I have thought about a monthly meet on a weekend to make it easier for everyone to go to since it's hard for the people up north to come to SCA and the people from the south to go to SGV during the week. Just not sure how much interest there is. Maybe this post will get peoples opinion.

Hey, Les, Adrian is out to help. He posted this on Facebook...

Mexi Ricer
Guys we have some old farts on the so cal prime section saying facebook is killing prime, so go post here please lol

Mexi Ricer
Guys we have some old farts on the so cal prime section saying facebook is killing prime, so go post here please lol

Helping........................More like being sarcastic:rolleyes:

Fb will never die.

And yes jc, im though I haven't heard much from you lol.

I only got got the idea to meet up since there is a friend who is basically the "les" of my frs car guys. Every month or so we just pick a place to meet. It was a bjs in chino hills, then a taco place in rancho, then a hot dog place in corona. It's the young ppls like me that just wana drive lol. So this has worked so far and figured maybe you guys would be up for the same. (More variety for Hugo lol). For example maybe meet near the block one time, some where in brea another, then Anaheim ect. My.2

1036na2 more like the speed of......well I guess your right. China is expanding pretty fast lol. If your referring to my cheap china turbo, it's been rebuilt with solid parts and rips now hehe. Few vids on fb and clip on Instagram. Look up supersonicnsx turbo ftw

patty the fb group is spontaneous, not planned out. Unlike Les's 1 month notice, fb is who's up for tonight? No ok another time. Cause ppls lazy lol. I went out with Chris (don't think he been on many drives slammed 92 red NSX)it was a no I'm lazy followed 3 min later by fine lets go lol.

Mexi post more more than one line, gesh lol

Jason, I didn't leave the Facebook NSX group because of Mexi. I know he's just being funny. I just don't belong there. I'm not offended. :smile:

In the last couple days, I have had this same conversation with a few of my car enthusiast buddies... and they have all noticed that there are fewer meets than there used to be a few years ago. I used to go to 3-6 car meets a week... sometimes I would make it to 2 meets in one night. Now, when I look for meets, it's hard to find anything going on. S2000 and Scion folks are having fewer meets... and even Socal-Car-Culture doesn't show as many meets as they used to.

Mexi Ricer

Helping........................More like being sarcastic:rolleyes:

uuuummm, I am not Mexiricer....that's Robert.

uuuummm, I am not Mexiricer....that's Robert.

Finally the guy that killed SoCal prime posts here again. I was responding to Patty's post that the FB post was sarcastic and not helping, not that you're mexiricer (Robert).:wink:

Last edited:
Back