• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WA 'End of the year' Meet/Dyno Day?

Hey guys, thanks for having us from Clubrsx.com. Special thanks to Tim and Cresent for the sweet deal on the run's.

You're welcome! It was great meeting you guys and chatting... We'll definately have to do another one in the spring. :)

I'll def be calling you Cresent one of these days to do a full dyno tune.
Thanks again, we had a great time.

Dre

Let me know when you're ready :D I generally need about 2 days notice ahead of time to schedule you in on the dyno.

The results are in! Dyno Day winners for guessing the closest to their actual hp are:

1st: Dan Nguyen - Acura NSX-R - $50 gift cerficate! (off by < 1hp!!)
2nd: Guillaume Marceau - Acura Integra Type-R - $25 gift certificate! (off by 1hp)
3rd: Gary Cole - ??? - $15 gift certificate! (off by 2hp)

Gift certificates are redeemable at MPS for dyno time, parts, labor, etc.

Congrats! :D

PS: the winners will also receive an email from Tim at MPS

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and say I had a great time even though it was brief. You guys also mentioned something about "corrected" & "uncorrected" could someone explain this to me? Also, when someone asks what your rwhp is, which do you use?

Thanks,
Chris from Tacoma

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and say I had a great time even though it was brief. You guys also mentioned something about "corrected" & "uncorrected" could someone explain this to me?

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

Also, when someone asks what your rwhp is, which do you use?

Thanks,
Chris from Tacoma

From what I can tell people on the street pack the ice then pump up the boost for best pull, then use whatever in software shows the highest peak after applying all the available filters. LOL.

However, SAE to be fair for most all domestic sanctioning bodies in motorsports.

You guys also mentioned something about "corrected" & "uncorrected" could someone explain this to me?

Simple... "uncorrected" numbers means simply that... completely uncorrected. It is what your vehicle makes (HP/TQ) at that moment in time when you made the dyno run with the current altitude, humidity and temperature.

As you may already know... heat robs power. Thus hot days/hot climate reduces the amount of power a vehicle makes. Likewise with higher altitude and higher humidity. The opposite is true on cold days/colder temperature and lower altitude/lower humidity.

Thats where the "correction factor" comes in. It's what corrects your dyno run regardless of the conditions when the dyno run was made so that there is a basis for comparison from day to day, location to location, regardless of the weather or where you are in the world.

Also, when someone asks what your rwhp is, which do you use?

With what I said above, you generally speak of the 'corrected' numbers as those are the TRUE numbers your car makes. You can "fake" the numbers by fooling the sensors on the dyno or making a run on a super cold day, or putting ice on the intake manifold or spraying nitrous on the intake manifold/intercooler, etc etc... :D

If you look at your dyno sheet, the one that says "SAE" will show you the "Correction factor":

1.00 = no correction
> 1.00 = it was really hot day, or really humid day, or you are on Mt Everest
< 1.00 = cold day, low humidity, lower altitude

:D

Back