Volk TE37

I have a distributor that is looking to get rid of his stock of Volk TE37 wheels and was wondering what are the proper offsets on this wheel. I haven't decided on the tire size yet but I'm looking to go with 17X8 in the front and 18X10 in the back. I've been reading all the posts on the tire sizes and it seems like the right offset should solve any rubbing problems. Can someone help me determine which size and offset I should order? What tire sizes can I get away with without rubbing. My NSX is a daily driver and I'll be buying 2 sets so I really need to get the sizing right before I get stuck with the wrong sizes. I can't figure out how to work those wheel calculators. Thanks!

17X8 would be 40mm offset. Are you sure the rears are 10"? Or, are they either 9.5" or 10.5"? 9.5" would be 40mm, and 10.5" would be 45mm (I think). Anyone confirm?

KGP said:
17X8 would be 40mm offset. Are you sure the rears are 10"? Or, are they either 9.5" or 10.5"? 9.5" would be 40mm, and 10.5" would be 45mm (I think). Anyone confirm?

I'm not sure what size I'm ordering yet. I'm basically trying to order the Volk TE37 wheels and probably Goodyear tires in the proper size and offset that would yield me the greatest performance without rubbing, for my 1992 daily driver. If anyone has any suggestions from experience, I'm all ears! Thanks.

typerturbo said:
I'm basically trying to order the Volk TE37 wheels and probably Goodyear tires in the proper size and offset that would yield me the greatest performance without rubbing, for my 1992 daily driver.
How do you measure performance? A lower profile tire has it's advantanges in cornering but the additional unsprung weight would decrease performance as well. Also, wouldn't a larger overall diameter decrease acceleration? I've have the factory 16's & 17's on mine and have debated putting 17's & 18's on them but never could resolve those issues.

KGP said:
If it is the 17x8 then it is the 38mm offset. The 18x9.5 would be 40 mm and the 10.5 will be 50mm.
Steve

SoCalDude said:
Also, wouldn't a larger overall diameter decrease acceleration?

A larger diameter wheel doesn't always have a larger overall outside diameter. The outside diameter depends on the tire used. Somtimes the outside diameter is smaller than stock. :)

typerturbo said:
I'm basically trying to order the Volk TE37 wheels and probably Goodyear tires in the proper size and offset that would yield me the greatest performance without rubbing, for my 1992 daily driver.

What Goodyear tire are you thinking of putting on your car. I can't recall seeing Goodyear's on an NSX before. Just curious. :D

Vizal said:
Do they last long? Road noise?

Thanks

I have put about 5-6000 miles on them so far this year and the wear has been minimal. I think I can run this for another 5-10k miles more which is long in NSX tire life terms. I have not noticed much noise so far.

-ak

Back