Volk TE-37 offset

Alright, I'm stumped by this one.

18x9.5 wheel. Came off an NSX. Measures 10.5 inches edge to edge.

No stamping of the offset anywhere on the wheel, and nothing I can decipher from the Japanese language stickers inside the rim.

I put a straight edge across the back of the wheel and measured the backspacing - 7"

So....10.5/2=5.25
7-5.25=1.75
1.75x25.4=44.4xmm

There is no 44mm offset in the Rays catalog for 18" TE-37, so what am I doing wrong?

10.5 from inside to inside or outside to outside? It may be a 9.5 inch rim...

Last edited:
The rim is stamped 18x9.5.

The 10.5" measurement is from outer edge to outer edge.

You don't see anything like this on the back of the wheel??
DSCN6459.jpg

5110594031_c2d66f4900_z.jpg

The bottom (gold) one is stamped with "95 42" on the right side. 95 means 9.5", 42 means +42 offset. Double check to see if yours has these stampings.

Last edited:
Yes, correct, volk stamps the wheels like that (but not always)

I am betting that it is indeed 9.5" +42

Here is a great converter from backspace to offset:

http://autolounge.net/calculators/tirespacing.html

(yes it does show that your 7" B.S. on a 9.5" converts to 44mm, but I suspect your measurment was off by 2mm?)

Also, different wheels with varying lip designs will come up different when using calcualtors and/or trying to calculate by yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks, but that was not my wheel. This is-

Attachments

• photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1-1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 209
Thanks, but that was not my wheel. This is-

Yes I realize that the first pics were not your wheel, What I am saying is that I bet yours is a 9.5 +42, if the calculator says +44 (and it does) then you could easliy be 2mm off in measuring and/or the design of the lip is throwing it off by 2mm.

In your pic, I think I can see where the wheel pad was stamped, maybe clean it up a bit so we can get a better look?

Yeah clean up the pad. Looks to me like a 40 is stamped there...

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I cleaned off the mounting pad and there were four numbers barely stamped but the last two are 40!! Hopefully there is no other reason for this set of numbers:D

Thanks everyone.

I cleaned off the mounting pad and there were four numbers barely stamped but the last two are 40!! Hopefully there is no other reason for this set of numbers:D

Well there you go.

Back