Volk gt-v or PIAA Super Rozza?

Volk gt-v or PIAA Super Rozza? (Pics added 2/10)

I had my mind made up on getting the Volks, but now I see the PIAA's! What do you guys think? Which wheel do you think is better quality as well? :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah, forgot about the weight issues.

The Volk wheels is only forged on the barrel. The face is a cast piece.

As for the Piaa wheels, it is a 2 pc. cast wheel. The Piaa wheel should be heavier and easier to bend or crack.

Well , I own both of these and i will say that they each have things that i like
I go through a lot of wheels , I buy them , use them and if i don't like them I will sell them,
The volks are 2pc. w/ the center being cast as stated above, it is bolted on they are not as light as you would think, quality is what you would expect from volk, I am however getting a little tired of seeing them on more and more nsx's .

The super rozza, are a 2pc. rolled barrel w/ a cast center , welded in (very common for japanese 2pc wheel , I got the sbc (super black chrome) it looks exactly like chrome ,but is actually paint (similar to volk's rmc) the quality is also very good, and not as heavy as you would think,if you are looking for a super deep lip , these are definitely one of the biggest lips you are going to find for the nsx!

the only other thing is the availability.
volk usually require 3-6 mos to get
piaa is available right away

hope this helps

The PIAA has a nice, deep lip, but I picked up one of these in a 18 or 19 inch size and it was pretty heavy. I'd go w/ Volk.

I weighed mine when I put them on, they came with tires (new) from Chris (SOS).

I weighed them with Tanita digital scale. Sorry no BF% :biggrin:

19" w/ Toyo T1R 275 30ZR 19 = 50.6 lbs minus 26lbs for the tire = 24.6 lbs
18" w/ Toyo T1R 225 35ZR 18 = 42.4 lbs minus 20lbs for the tire = 22.4 lbs

Tire weight found here:
http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/18966.pdf

My stockers 15-16" came in at 37lbs and 45.2lbs with tires (70% and 50% remaining).

Last edited:
Anyone got pics of the GTV's? I have these rims and was curious to see what they look like on a car.

Thanks for the replies! I didn't realize it would take 3-6 months to get the volks!:eek: That's a long time. No one has them in stock?

The deeper lip on the PIAA is appealing too....I love that look.

His are gold, I have silver but those are hot as hell. I love them.:biggrin:

Check out Eric's {Evo575} car. He has em.

I was thinking about going with the gunmetal. My NSX is Long Beach Blue Pearl, I think that combo would look pretty nice.

I was thinking about going with the gunmetal. My NSX is Long Beach Blue Pearl, I think that combo would look pretty nice.

^ It will look GREAT. Here are some pics I saved, wish I remembered the username of the owner:

7w4t939.jpg

8bq0yzk.jpg

80pz435.jpg

7wzvitf.jpg

I think volk gt-v look good on any NSX but has to be 18/19 ...:wink:

Back