• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Vivid Racing

:mad: Don't even bother with them. I tried to buy a clutch from them and it was a nightmare dealing with them. I finally got them to agree to give me some of my own money back and it never showed up. Funny how debits are instant but credits take 'some time' to work. After talking with my credit card company I just gave up and had to eat the lost money. They don't answer phone calls and make up lies to keep you at bay (in a meeting, he left for the day, etc, etc) and they won't return your calls either. Anyways, I've made peace with the situation but won't ever buy from them again. So my experience says save yourself the months of agony and nsx downtime and go with a different vendor.

I had the same problems with them 7 months back when I was trying to buy some parts from them.

Never did buy anything from them, I gave up.

I won't do any business with them either.

I had a good experience with Matt, then a terrible experience with Mike; I asked about a special-order product, what pricing and availability would be, and was referred to Mike, as he had handled the special order for another customer.

I asked mike directly, what is the time frame, and price, for the special order item, and was told in an email the item would "likely cost as much", and "likely take as long as" my other option, all of this without my telling him what the cost or time frame of my other item was. I guess he must be psychic, or just likes to dick around with customers.

I asked again, directly, for the cost and time frame, and was ignored by Mike - I placed an order with another vendor, and have avoided vivid racing since. Its unfortuante, because Matt helped me source an item I otherwise would have been able to purchase.

I believe Matt was the rep I was dealing with too. I knew more about the parts than he did and he could hardly keep up with the conversation much less contribute any research or knowledge. I eventually had to deal with one of the owners and he promised to split the refund with me, which, of course, never happened as credits "take awhile to post". Eventually I forgot about it and when I remembered, I wanted to forget about the whole thing so I bit the bullet. They should change that "c" in their name to a "p".

Back