Visiting Houston / Sugar Land

I am in town this week for business in Sugar Land, wondering if anyone knows of good place for some good local BBQ/Steak :) Or anything around Houston/Sugar Land that's worth going. I will probably only have Wed night to go out, so like some help and opinions.

Much appreciated.

Why dont we get together and have dinner? I can call a couple of the NSXers here and see whats up. BBQ is king here in Texas! We have alot of good places to eat. Give me a call tonight and we'll see whats up. Its always nice to meet a felow NSXer.

Patrick
832-689-2718

me and Tommy agree that Treasures has the best steak but if your into crawfish then it is the Men's Club....;)

hahahaha! that's right Ricky! you tell them! we know all the good spots!! men's club is good with their crab too!!

let us know if you want to meet us up!!

I'm in the Sugarland area also. If you'd like to meet for some dinner/drinks, let us know, I'm in! :D

Regards,
- Z

I have a good friend that's working with me(more addicted to NSX than I am :), and I am estimating that we should be done ~6pm tomorrow.

So, anyone that wants to meet up for dinner/drinks, it would be great. Looking for some famous bbq steak around the area. Let me know where you guys recommend, and I can meet up with you guys.

ps. this thunderstorm, humidity thing is killing me!!!

HAHAHAHA

The south Texas weather is a bitch huh? You never really get used to it either. Ill call Z and Tommy and the other guys and set something up then. You guys got any idea where to take our guests???

Ill holla at you guys

Patrick

I was planning to meet up with you guys tonight, but my wife caught a cold or has the beginnings of flu-like symptoms..she can't come near the baby so that leaves me babysitting...good thing i am off for 2 weeks..
tell our H-town guest my apologies..please

Looking for some famous bbq steak around the area. Let me know where you guys recommend

SilverOne - I note that you are looking for BBQ steak. In Texas, there really isn't a meal of "BBQ steak".....it is either BBQ you can have or steak you can have.

BBQ - Luther's, Demeris or Clyde's (as in Clyde Drexler, ex-Houston Rocket basketball player). It think a Luther's or Demeris may be somewhere along Hwy 59. While I have not been there, I have heard that Clyde's is somewhat towards downtown, which is a bit of a drive from Sugarland.

Steak - Lynn's Steakhouse (expensive but cozy atmosphere), Ruth's Chris (ditto, Lynn’s) or Taste of Texas. ToT is on I-10, while not as far from Sugarland as Clyde's, is about thirty minutes from Sugarland. Prices are moderate and a forty-five minute wait is normal. However, the steaks are the best in the world. You can hand pick your meat and build your own salad. There is also Smith & Wollensky and Capital Grill......both way overpriced (expect $100 per head) for the food. You are paying for the location and to be seen with the high-rollers.

my schedule is pretty full, but i might be able to come out and join you guys. I'll keep checkin the thread. hey Tommy, let me know what's up. you have my email here at work bud.
T

OK Guys, Were going to eat at J. Alexanders. Its got great steaks and the best ribs. It has alot to choose from, a little of everything. Im thinking we can meet there for drinks around 7:30ish. Have a few drinks and chit chat then eat dinner. I know they have some cute waitresses too:D :D

Its on the corner of Westheimer and Wilcrest. It used to be the Houstons. SilverOne, give me a call if you need directions and Ill be glad to help. 832-689-2718--cell

Hope the times are good for everyone and we'll see you there.

:p

Just Trying To Help

After my post of suggested BBQ / steak restaurants, I received a PM from someone on this thread, asking if I were going. When I said “no” the subsequent reply was along the lines of being an unsociable snob. Hmmmm, well two things here (a) excuse me for having a life other than NSXs and (b) I had a commitment long before SilverOne pinged the Houston group for dinner tonight.

The ensuing PMs condensed to this question…..Andy, if you had no intention of going to dinner tonight, why did you post? Oh, this is an easy one.

Silver’s original post asked about places to eat good BBQ or steak. Prior to my post, the responses were (a) sounds great, let’s meet (b) cool, I’m in (c) I’ll call you (d)no, I’ll call you (e) oh oh, I have to back out (f) etc. Not once did anybody offer eatery suggestions (other than L-N-F while I was composing this post) to Silver, and that is all that I did. Please re-read my post and you will not see any reference to me attending tonight. Had I not had the previous commitment, I would’ve.....with my NSX, rain or shine.....what about you garage queens?

PS - you will be disappointed with J Alexander’s. To me, it is not the same as when it was Houston's. Why not show SilverOne the "eye candy" at PF Chang's just a half-mile down the road?

Guys,

please don't fuss over a simple dinner, I just happen to be in town this week for business, am wondering if anyone can recommend some place to go for some good local flavors. If anyone has time to come out and have dinner with me, I would be more than happy to meet other NSXers. Certainly it's not a formal invite or requirement to come out. It would be my pleasure to meet you guys, and certainly dont' want to be an obligation or burden to anyone.

I will look up the location to J. Alexander and meet you guys there. Patric, I will give you a call if I have trouble finding it.

thanks,
David

It was great meeting you guys last night. I really appreciate all for taking the time to come out and show some Houston love :)

Patrick, please give Jill my thanks also for being such great host and the nice gesture, also Sweet wheels.

Z, love your exhaust sound, Dan was trying to show off the sound and power of our rented Taurus on the freeway, but you set him at his place pretty quickly..., :D

David,

It was really great to meet you and Dan, now I can put a face with the SoCal Silver Bullet of yours! We will have to hangout again next time you are down. I know more of the NSX guys wanted to hang out.
And thank you for the comments about the exhaust, but the Taurus did intimidate me a bit. ;)
Also, I'm kinda offended, what about my wheels?!!?! :eek: :( haha j/k :p

Take care,
- Z

David, Thanks to you and Dan for hangin with the H-Town crew. Next time your here were gonna set up a day for carting. It'll be the unofficial TX vs CA showdown!!!!:D :D Thanks for the comment about the wheels, I checked out the pics of your car....NICE!!! Now go put some miles on the car man.

see ya next time.

hello!

hey David,
what about me? i was there at the dinner table too! just kidding!hope you have good trip here in hotston! ;) looking forward hanging with you guys again next time!!

tommy

Re: hello!

stormrider said:
hey David,
what about me? i was there at the dinner table too! just kidding!hope you have good trip here in hotston! ;) looking forward hanging with you guys again next time!!

tommy

My bad! Yes, Tommy great meeting you as well, can't wait to see the beast and great ride the others are referring to next time.

Back