Visiting DFW / Houston areas with my Dad over Father's day weekend...recommendations?

So my dad has always been a huge football guy and of course he also loves cars so we're in town visiting the area and wanted to see what's out here.

Is there any good restaurants, scenic places or other places of interest in Dallas or Houston that are a must see? It's been a long time for me and last time my dad with my mom was exactly 9/11 weekend (they took the Amtrak).

Ideally we're going to spend one day in Houston, then back to Dallas.

I know Texas is known for doing things in a big way so help me out :) If you guys ever come out to the bay area I'll be sure to return the favor :biggrin:

I don't know what you are looking for, but if your dad is a huge football fan you could take him for a tour of Texas stadium where the Cowboys play. I know they do daily tours, and it really is an amazing place. Watch your timing as the Texas Rangers are in town and they share parking so it will be busy during their games.
If you can be more specific, I'd be glad to help.
Enjoy your visit.

I don't know what you are looking for, but if your dad is a huge football fan you could take him for a tour of Texas stadium where the Cowboys play. I know they do daily tours, and it really is an amazing place. Watch your timing as the Texas Rangers are in town and they share parking so it will be busy during their games.
If you can be more specific, I'd be glad to help.
Enjoy your visit.

thanks for the advice!

taking a tour of the stadium will be cool for him, let me check their schedule for this weekend.

We just have some family duties in the morning and will be free most of Sunday so hopefully we can check out a few places. Looking for a nice lunch/brunch place in Dallas and open to driving. My brother lived in Richardson for a year and he said the malls over there are crazy big :)

It would be nice to visit a Ferrari dealer while out there if they are open since I've been looking at Stradale's and wanted to check how the inventory is out there.

Back