Virus R Us f/ Microsoft

Everyone,
I have been recieving about 15-25 virus emails a day from Microsoft--I know it is not from them. But how do I stop recieving them. I have tried filtering the mail, blocking.....but it is still leaking through. Yes I have also updated my system from Microsoft..................anyone else receiving it?

Only 25?

Only 25 per day? I've been getting hundreds. They arrive in my mailbox at the rate of about one per minute.

I use Outlook Express for email, which is fairly primitive for filtering, but I have been able to stop them by setting a rule to Delete from Server all mail that is not To: or CC: to me and is bigger than 140K (this virus, "Swen", is between 143 and 160K in size). That killed them all.

Re: Only 25?

i'll try this....so you set this from outlook express? i have mcafee and sbcglobal dsl................and the filtering isn't working!!! ahhh

flaminio said:
Only 25 per day? I've been getting hundreds. They arrive in my mailbox at the rate of about one per minute.

I use Outlook Express for email, which is fairly primitive for filtering, but I have been able to stop them by setting a rule to Delete from Server all mail that is not To: or CC: to me and is bigger than 140K (this virus, "Swen", is between 143 and 160K in size). That killed them all.

Back