Virtual built

Hey all, new guy here. I'll confess right away that I'm not a NSX owner, but I very much like the car and the way those Japanese engineered made something special. Still I couldn't help but fantasize about how I would modify an NSX if I owned one, so consider this more a virtual build. Here goes.

Engine:
Let's start with the engine, basically I would want it to be NA as I prefer throttle response over raw power, however to give the NSX it's full potential a healthy dose of hp increase would be required. I was thinking of a bore stroke combination of 94 x 84 mm, producing a total displacement of 3.498 cc. Why these numbers? First of all I reckon a 3.5L V6 is a classic Honda displacement. Secondly I like the simple sound of 94 and 84 mm bore and stroke (it sounds silly I know). Thirdly, a 94 mm bore would not stress the engine walls as much as 95 mm and finally 84 mm stroke keeps rod ratios very reasonable.

Why the extra expanse for one mm extra bore? Well it could help to revamp an engine with high mileage, secondly you could use new lighter pistons, thirdly you could increase compression (I'd like 1:12.0) and thirdly you slightly increase displacement for more power. The 84 mm crank is already available from TODA (although very expensive) and should be suitable for high revs. Other engine modifications would be new cams, ITB's, new header, exhaust and all other stuff needed to make it reliable for track day use. Output should be something like 382 bhp @ 8200 rpm and 375 Nm / 276 ft lbs @ 5300 rpm. In other words more than 100 hp above standard.

Chassis:

To cope with the increase output the rear tires would increase to 285 / 35 / 18 while the front would be 225 / 40 / 17. The chassis should be made similar to the NSX-R possible adjusted if the wider rear tires causes to much understeer.

Exterior:
Personally I'm a fan of sporty yet elegant clean lines with looks that could've been right from the factory. To achieve this I would go for post 2002 looks, but with a flowing widened rear fender. My ideal NSX would look close to this:

nsxblackb2.jpg

I slightly widened the rear fenders without braking the flow of the lines. I don't know who's NSX this is but it prolly the best looking I've seen.

The rear fender that could be used for this would be the Duraflex 300GT:
http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/9101-acura-nsx-duraflex-gt300-widebody-rear-fenders-p-3105.html

I'm not sure on about the rear, I like the standard rear in a Japanese kind of way, but overall I would change it to something I would really like. For instance what mister VRoooM has done (I slightly adapted it partly along lines suggested in the original thread, hope you don't mind):
nsxrearjoined.jpg

Or something completely different.

Interior:
Basically I like the red seats with black paint combo of the first shot. Of course a NSX-R like steering wheel but nothing overdone to the rest of the interior.

The spec sheet would read roughly like this:
nsxrr.jpg

Last edited:
I already run 285/30/18 in the rear and 235/40/17 in the front runs fine.

Last edited:
Not much. looks like the back is a tad shorter. Does Eric realize his car is getting customized.

Back is shorter (perhaps a bit much so), it's also raised a bit and the rear track is wider. I forgot where I got this car from, but if the owner minds I could quit. It just happens to be one of the nicest NSX's I've seen. In all fairness, somebody customizing a car, changes somebody elses design as well, but as said I'll stop if there are any objections.

Any one know if it is somewhat easily possible to shorten the NSX body?

Rasir_x did you have to modify the bodywork to adopt those tires?

Back