VIR Grand East in June ??

Anyone else signed up? 4.2 mile 30-turn Grand East course

www.mazdadrivers.com $425 for two days- includes instructor and 4 sessions per day.

I spent some time at the link site and I am considering going. Jeff

Jeff, AK and Bryan- I wouldn't wait too long- I would guess they are over 75% sold out now (the site hasn't been updated in weeks.)

C'mon- we need some NSX's to REPRESENT !!!!!!

I am in. I just registered..... Jeff

Nihilation- Mazdadrivers reports that the track-side lodge is already booke up, but they have a block of rooms in Danville (about 20 min. away) at the Sleep Inn (I believe)- it's the former Howard Johnsons. Ask for the MazdaDrivers discount, and check the website for more details.

JeffA, from Atlanta, emailed me that he will be instructing for this event. So, we'll have a few NSXs there.

"ak", are ya in ??? anyone else coming down from NoVA/DC ??

I LOVE VIR and usually I do my best not to miss any event there, but unfortunately, I will not be able to make this one.

Have a great time and be careful at the BITCH (the turn after the Oak Tree).

I will be there in September, or earlier if possible.

Hotel roomie for VIR?

Dawn from Longwood, VA (RX8 owner) is looking for a hotel roomie.
[email protected]

Looks like we'll have 5 NSX's- Instructor JeffA, Allstar Jeff, ak, ChrisNSX and me (DCNSX). I believe JeffA is bringing his RV- should we all congregate there?? ...and if so, can someone save me a parking space? I won't be arriving until Saturday morning.

Anyone know of any other NSXs coming?

Sure, we can make the RV "NSX Central". I'll be arriving late friday night, and will be in line early on saturday morning and can get a nice spot. I'll try to hold enough nearby room for several of us. It's big and white, you can't miss it. This is going to be fun.

Got a new transmission in the car - wore the original out after 135K!

Just a couple more weeks...

No entrance fee for Instructors. VIR grand course for free :smile: . Non-instructors are $425. 6 spots are currently still open. I have not gotten any informational emails yet, but here's some info from their website:

Arrival Times

• Technical Inspections start Friday night around 5:30PM to 7:00PM at VIR Main Paddock tech barn. Tech inspections are strongly encouraged Friday evening to beat the rush Saturday morning.

• Trailer drop-off times are restricted to 5:30PM to 6:30PM on Friday night at VIR.

• Arrive at the Main (North) paddock, Virginia International Raceway at 6:45 AM. Technical inspections resume Saturday morning at 7:00 AM and close at 8:00 AM for class.

• Classroom instruction is mandatory each day. The morning driver's meetings are mandatory each day.

BTW, here's an in-car video of a lap of the grand east course:

VIR Grand East Video

32 turns, about a 3 minute lap time. I've heard it's the longest road course east of the mississippi. If you've never driven it, it takes a while to learn. I actually prefer the long course over the grand because of super long back straight that gets broken up in the grand configuration.

Jeff

Re: I live in Greensboro...can I just come up and watch?

Oh, I just saw the title of your post :rolleyes:

No entrance fee to just come and watch. You can arrive anytime.

Anyone know the Red NSX (#30? ) that was at the Pilot Truck Stop / Arby's East of Danville?

Looked like it had a trailer hitch so I assumed it was here for VIR...

Anyone know the Red NSX (#30? ) that was at the Pilot Truck Stop / Arby's East of Danville?

Looked like it had a trailer hitch so I assumed it was here for VIR...

That would be Jeff A's car. It was good seeing you guys. I'll post some pics later today.

Great to meet a couple of you guys and to see so many NSX's at one event! I was there instructing and getting some seat time in the M3 for the upcoming NASA race there in July, wish I would have had more time to chat with you guys. Post some pics!

Boy I sure had a good time at VIR. Driving at speed with someone very experienced that knows the track was a major benifit to me. I got passed once all day and overtook probably 20 cars. Great fun!
I was good to meet 4 others NSXers there and Jeff A's RV was a good spot to hang out.
I got 2 sessions as a passenger in instuctors cars,a Zo6 and Jeff's NSX with R suspension and sticky tires. BIG differance in grip over stock!
If you get a chance to do a track day with instuctors... Do it!
Jeff Hutchinson

Back