Viola! Hello everyone!

OK, so I've been spying on this forum for little over three months without realizing that I've never actually joined. Now that I've done that, I'm posting this thread to say hello to everyone.

I'm here mainly to seek advice and "training" on everything NSX. I'm not an owner yet, nor am I "debating" on owning an NSX, because at this point there is nothing more for me to debate, my first NSX is a given for this year!

Some questions I have about the forums and the NSX.

First, what is the issue that the NSX's have with the snap rings? I've seen a lot adds mentioning snap rings and snap ring range?

And second.... What does bump mean?? :)

Bump is when you just write nothing in a thread to make it go up again. When you surf through the forum, the threads which has been posted in last, will be on top.

People just do it if they feel the thread is not getting attention :) That's why they'll just type in "bump" and post it :p

The snap ring is a NSX issue on the gearbox'es. I don't know exactly but it has said that some NSX-gearbox'es were made with a bad tool, those are in the snap ring range. Basically the problem can be repaired, but often a buyer checks out this problem before buying a NSX, just to be sure if the seller took care of the issue or not :) I'm not very sure about this so please correct me if I'm wrong :)

And btw welcome :)

Welcome Viola.

The FAQ on NSXPrime is very helpfull, try it, and read it all.

Here's more about the snapring:

`http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

You could search through the forum about the snapring, but reading the FAQ would give you all you need, but voila, its all in the faq.

Cool Dutch, I just looked at that... Very infomative.

Cool. I appreciate the help and the enlightenment from both of you!! :biggrin:

bump!

j/k heheh

You won't be disappointed in owning an NSX. Make sure you read the FAQ in your first purchase.

NRG said:
bump!

j/k heheh

You won't be disappointed in owning an NSX. Make sure you read the FAQ in your first purchase.

hehe

I just read 4 hours of FAQ.... it's a slow day at the office.

The only thing that concerned me was the snap ring but I can probably find one that's out of that range or that's been repaired.
I was looking at the "Changes by year" thread... so many improvements every year. I don't think I will settle too easily.
But hey... an NSX is an NSX.

I believe the snap ring is only for a certain year. Just avoid buying that year :) so there should be no more concern :)

Viola?

viola.jpg

Welcome aboard!

docmental said:
Isn't it the 91's??
It's only the very end of the '91 model year production run (about 20 percent of the '91 cars) plus most of the '92 cars.

You have to check the transmission number to be absolutely certain, but '91 cars sold in the US market with VIN numbers ending in MT002500 or less are highly unlikely to have a transmission in the snap ring range.

flaminio said:
Viola?

viola.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Pronounced "woala!!!"... Like after you do a magic trick!!

??

:)

NRG said:
I believe the snap ring is only for a certain year. Just avoid buying that year :) so there should be no more concern :)

Don't dismiss a great car even if it is in the snap-ring range; all transmission within the range are not effected. Even if it has a bad snap-ring transmission it is reparable by replacing the upper case. If you can buy the car for less money it may make economic sense to do so and have the repair done yourself. If you plan on up-grading to short gears or changing to 4.23 gear it becomes more worth while since the trans will be out of the car anyway. Additionally you could just swap it out for another 5 speed that is out of the range or up-grade to a later model 6 speed. It, like so many other things, is just price dependent.
Jump in the water is fine; as you know from having read the threads on Prime there is wealth of information here if you need it. This car community is second to none in the help and support we offer each other. You will find that the NSX is exceptional and so are the owners I have meet. The longer I own an NSX the more impressed I am with it and the club itself. To experience this for yourself be sure to attend NSXPO in October. Why I have become so impressed I now own 2 NSXs in order to double my fun. :biggrin:

Bob

myguitar said:
Pronounced "woala!!!"... Like after you do a magic trick!!

??

:)

Its pronounced with a V not a W, most people miss it because it is said so fast. I was going to bring it up but decided to let it go...but since someone has:biggrin: Interesting is that in Germany they spell Vodka with a W so it is said correctly. Bit odd to see it spelled Wodka though.

Twinsen said:
And Voila, means There in French...this ends our French lesson of the day. Tomorrow, learn the translation of French Victories by going here...Google Search - French Military Victories

Q: Why do the French line their highways with trees???
A: Because Germans like to march in shade!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Thanks for the advice guys, and for the lovely "Voila" lesson. I actually just noticed that I misspelled that. I did sleep through most of my "Stench" classes though, so it's not a surprise.

I thought there was an accent at the end of voila'. Whatever! Welcome to Prime and by the way, I understood what you meant, even though the spelling was off. That happens plenty of times on Prime.

By the way, what's up with the "guitar" reference on your log in name?

Shaun Ray said:
I thought there was an accent at the end of voila'. Whatever! Welcome to Prime and by the way, I understood what you meant, even though the spelling was off. That happens plenty of times on Prime.

By the way, what's up with the "guitar" reference on your log in name?

I'm a guitarist... one of those poor starving ones. I play, compose, jam and teach little kids how to shred.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back