Vin jh4na1185st000119

This is a 95 NSX-T with 16,500 miles out in Alamo CA. Asking price is $39998. The car has a comptech short shifter, comptech headers, ARC mufflers, HID lights plus, it has had the water pump and timing belt replaced. It is a two-owner car according to the listing. My questions are: Is the Targa top solid- ie, does it squeak or rattle when the top is in place? Does the car lose rigidity when the T top is off? Also, what would the rough cost be to add the aftermarket parts that this car already has installed. I have driven an NSX and I am surprised that a short shifter is necessary on this car. Any comments on that would be appreciated.
Thanks.

My questions are: Is the Targa top solid- ie, does it squeak or rattle when the top is in place? Does the car lose rigidity when the T top is off?
My 95 doesn't rattle, but I do have to lubricate the rubber around the targa top once or twice a year or it will squeak over bumps on really hot days.

Some say the car is less rigid with the top off, but it's not something I've ever noticed in street driving.

This is a 95 NSX-T with 16,500 miles out in Alamo CA. Asking price is $39998. The car has a comptech short shifter, comptech headers, ARC mufflers, HID lights plus, it has had the water pump and timing belt replaced. It is a two-owner car according to the listing. My questions are: Is the Targa top solid- ie, does it squeak or rattle when the top is in place? Does the car lose rigidity when the T top is off? Also, what would the rough cost be to add the aftermarket parts that this car already has installed. I have driven an NSX and I am surprised that a short shifter is necessary on this car. Any comments on that would be appreciated.
Thanks.

My '96 with 24,000 miles does not squeak. I do treat the rubber (weather stripping) from time to time to make sure it remains soft. I believe over time the rubber can try out and cause squeaking. Others on this site have commented about less rigidity but honda placed a triangle brace over the engine to help combat rigidity. As for after market parts, only know it can get quite expensive and, when its time to sell, you generally only get a fraction of you money back. Have you seen/driven the car?

I have not seen or driven the car- i am in Denver. The pricing guide on this site suggests an "A" car could be in the 45-50 range, without mods. An A,B car in the 40-45. I suspect, like everything these days, these prices are lower now as people increase their liquidity (sell stuff). I figure the mods on this car could cost $3000 to repeat which would mean a low mileage 2 owner car like this with apparent good documentation could be worth close to what is being asked. I have seen stock 91,92 cars that are probably worth 28-30. So this car is 3-4 years newer, has had fewer owners, lower miles, and some "safe" mods in terms of improved driveability without stressing the engine too much. Could be worth 35-38 even in todays market. What do folks think?
Thanks

I would say one thing as much as I hate to, but the prices or suggested price for models on this site are out of touch with the market today! Absolutley. If you look around you will surely find cars like this one that have maybe a little more mileage but would cost thousands less with the same kind of mods. I would not put a super premium on the mods you mention although to duplicate would be as you mention around 3k. Something like that or maybe more. Mods are cheap once on the car. I know I bought mine with mods. Now the 95 does have the targa - it's the first year of the targa in fact - but 95 and 96 are arguably the least desireable cause they are the slowest - now that may not matter to you and this car maybe just the color you are looking for and be in super shape with low mileage - to some that is worth a great deal. I don't know if it really is worth anymore than one with say 35k on it in same general shape and lots less cash than 40k. I would say that in todays market you could get a 3.2/6 speed for that kind of money. Wait for it - it will come unless this is some really rare color like white.

Thanks for the concise reply. I just re-read the model changes and noticed these (95) cars are a tad heavier plus the suspension setting are more on the "plush" side. So you are saying I might get a 97 with 3.3 l for the same $$. Anyhow, I am not in a hurry, have all winter to find a good one.

I would say $35-38,000 is about right, assuming they have documentation to support the TB/WP. I believe price sometimes depends on how motivated the seller is. Take this car, its been on consignment now for several months with an original asking price of $45,999. Last I remember, both owners lived in the Alamo area, very affluent I may add. At these low miles, I'm betting its been sitting a lot. Like all NSX purchases, a PPI is a must on this car.

$40K seems a little high for a 95 NSX-T.

But it has mods and very low miles. Some say the cars are better if driven more. Me I like the lower miles. But even if they aren't driven they still require maintenance, tb/wp hoses, etc.

For the price you should be able to get a newer one with the 3.2 6 spd. It may be tough to find one with 16K miles on it. But these are very dependable cars.

It seems to be more of a buyers market. You could always shoot the seller an offer.

Most of us took a while before we found ours.... I watched the market for three or four years.... saving up.

Tim spent quite a while searching for one that fit what he was looking for, but does seem happy with it. 21 Acres mentioned having his ashes blown out the exhaust of his before he would sell it.

Most of us here love our NSX's. I have no complaints :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks.

I concur with HeySkippy. I've owned mine since Mar'06 (48,000 mi) and now have just under 120k) and loved every inch of carved road. I don't have time behind the wheel of a coupe, or NA2 for that matter, but don't feel the need to know either. She has given me so much fulfillment, I can't even begin to tell. Extra weight...who cares, they needed to add structural reinforcement around the cage due to the T-top addition...or subtraction...or subtraction, then addition. The feedback, open air-thing is pretty close to God-like. The NA2's (3.2, 6-speed, bedder-headers, larger rotors) certainly have merit, but I don't miss what I've never had...er... My '95 is similarly configured, but I recently added both STMPO front chassis bar and STMPO Rear Targa Strut Bar (in fact, my car was used for the prototype development on the STMPO stock Rear Tower Strut Bar...I'm talkin' Cromoly bullet-proof!!). I notice the biggest improvement in front-end stiffness with the front bar that bolts in place of the OEM tie-down plates. I honestly think I'd hurt her feelings if I made her a garage-queen and feel guilty just walking to the neighbors...oh well...another thread...another time... Tim.

Back