VIN #:JH4NA1151MT001762 Who's NSX?

Best thing you can do is run a Carfax or Autocheck on this car.

Use the search function on the tool bar above to research the VIN and it will enable you to find out whether this car has any history on this site.

Last edited:
There is a free autocheck within the eBay listing. It shows "clear"...

The listing also states the following:
The transmission was completely rebuilt by Acura of Brookfield approximately 5,000 miles ago and features Euro Short Gears and a RM Racing NSX ring/pinion, which is coupled to the engine with a heavy duty Centerforce clutch. These modifications drastically improve the acceleration and the power delivery offered by a stock NSX. With the exception of the short noise made when shifting from 4<SUP>th</SUP> to 5<SUP>th</SUP> gear due to a chipped 5<SUP>th </SUP>gear hub selector ring, the transmission is quiet and shifts smoothly in all gears. Replacement of the 5<SUP>th</SUP> gear hub selector ring should be considered unnecessary as 5<SUP>th</SUP> gear seldom gets used and it doesn’t affect the function of the transmission.

I dunno about you guys, but I use final gear/ OD all the time. And I would expect as with my car that with short gears that you would use OD even more often. So the statement scares me- a lot.

Then this:
The engine is one of the most impressive aspects of this NSX as it was completely rebuilt at 32,000 miles by Comptech authorized dealer Acura of Brookfield

Transmission gone through and motor rebuilt @ 32K yet Google doesn't know the VIN. However, with a reserve price of 17K and the parts on it that it may not be a bad platform to start with. The rule here is always get a PPI but the fire extinguisher, seat harnesses, gears + R&P screams GET A PPI!

I wonder why the owner spent all the money on the engine but left the crappy original brakes on the car. More power needs more stopping power.

Back