Video: Porsche Carrera GT prototype* at the Weissach proving grounds

thanks for the link...awesome performance for an awesome supercar...

two thumbs up.....

man....that site was too tempting....i had spent almost 2 hours just watching videos and reading about the other porsche lineups....if i had the $$$, my preference would be

1. carerra GT
2. GT2
3. 911 turbo
4. GT3

i'm just drooling over these cars.....they would make great compliments to the NSX in my garage.....

come on, economy.....pick up!:D

Blue Knight said:
if i had the $$$, my preference would be

1. carerra GT
2. GT2
3. 911 turbo
4. GT3

funny, my choices would be the exact opposite.

1. GT3
2. 911 TT
3. GT2.
4. carerra GT.

mainly because, I prefer non-turbo cars 1st. The GT3 is an awesome track car. The reason for going for the 911 TT over the GT2 is that I don't trust my skills enuff to push a GT2. I would rather have a car with a safety net(PSM, awd). Finally, I find the carrera GT fugly(flame suit on):D. I would rather buy two or 3 other cars instead on one carrera GT.

As written about its performance:

"By placing the engine and aluminium fuel tank directly behind the cockpit, it was possible to achieve a more even distribution of vehicle weight - one of the essential prerequisites for the car's superior dynamics."

Fun to see that even Porsche acknowledges about the virtues of a midengine layout IOW fun to read that they are putting in evidence lacks of 911 engine placement! :D

Couldn't resist! :)

Just another thing.

Have you noticed in the Carrera GT video how it seems hard to put efficiently power to the ground?

Lots of spinning ( I know that track seemed wet and slippery - is it snow on the side? ), no throttle in curves , even at or aft the apex.

So obvious when you just look at the NSX-R lap at old Nurburgring!

Is is very rare to not hear the engine while taking curves...

Two very different ways of being quick!

Last edited:
JoeSchmoe said:
Well if all that revving has got your heart going, you might want to watch this:

new NSX-R around nurburgring...

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=463&p=3

That is a sweet video. I don't recall if I've seen it or not.

The new NSX-R is amazing. I've seen Motoharu K. go through The Ring with several different versions of the NSX (including the original NSX-R) and the new NSX-R is amazingly stable! I think I only saw him make ONE MINOR correction under braking during a turn. All the other clips I've seen him run on The Ring... that guy is almost at opposite lock at every turn... sawing like mad. Jeez. The new NSX-R kicks ass.

Back