Video: One lap around Nürburgring in a BMW M3 CSL

Tiger, thanks, how long is that track? It seemed to go forever, what a great ride that would be!

This looks like it was filmed during a "open" day. I think you can just drive up, throw down a $20 spot and do a lap. Does anyone actually know any truth to this. It looks dangerous. I see touring events held at Road America and you usually see about 50% who have a sportscar, have no school experience, and think they are Mario. Did you ever see the video of a lap at the "ring" with a Pro female driving the M5 followed by a Porsche 911 with a camera? It is awesome seeing her throw it into a drift around a corner while passing a bike! There were also tour busses out in that session. Highly dangerous affair. But looks like fun.

coolnsx said:
Tiger, thanks, how long is that track?
About 13 miles. I remember reading their web saying that you could pay per visit, and also had the option of a season pass for something like $800.00. If I had the season pass I'm afraid I'd be late to work every day. But, just imagine the jump start your mind would get each morning if you could start the day with a lap on the Nürburgring! :cool:

Thanks for sharing.

KGP said:
But, just imagine the jump start your mind would get each morning if you could start the day with a lap on the Nürburgring! :cool:

Thanks for sharing.

Wow.. that would be my dream come true.. :D

Man, I wish I had known about this when I was in Germany a couple of years ago. I rented a BMW 520 and had a blast on the Autobahn, but it would have been so much more fun to take a lap at Nurburgring.

Ah well, something to look forward to next time. :cool:

Back