• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

vi3tbo1209

I'd like to get opinions regarding my recent transaction in the For Sale Forum. I will simply list this facts. The item was paid for via Paypal:

Bought the item in this thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/168076-Seibon-CF-Nsx-R-spoiler

This is what arrived at my door:
IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

This is the condition of the spoiler after unpacking it:
IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

This is the packing that was used:
IMAG0511.jpg

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This is what I would suggest:

1. Contact the seller. Indicate the damage in detail that was done to the part (including pictures). Give them 72 hours (3 days) to respond with a credit. Make sure to keep all the packaging in case the seller wants to do a damage claim with the shipper.

2. If the seller does not respond with a refund in 3 days, file a claim with paypal. Indicate that the item was not received in the condition promised. Paypal will refund you your purchase while it investigates the claim. Again, make sure to keep all packaging and any contact from the seller.

Personally, I would consider that not correct packaging for that item. The carrier may deny a claim to the shipper if they deem that to be so. Keep that in mind also. You should have up to 30 days to file a claim with Paypal but I would do it sooner. 3 Days is more than enough time for the seller to address it.

This is what I would suggest:

1. Contact the seller. Indicate the damage in detail that was done to the part (including pictures). Give them 72 hours (3 days) to respond with a credit. Make sure to keep all the packaging in case the seller wants to do a damage claim with the shipper.

2. If the seller does not respond with a refund in 3 days, file a claim with paypal. Indicate that the item was not received in the condition promised. Paypal will refund you your purchase while it investigates the claim. Again, make sure to keep all packaging and any contact from the seller.

Personally, I would consider that not correct packaging for that item. The carrier may deny a claim to the shipper if they deem that to be so. Keep that in mind also. You should have up to 30 days to file a claim with Paypal but I would do it sooner. 3 Days is more than enough time for the seller to address it.

I'd like to say my part that the buyer of my item only paypal'ed me the money I wanted for the part and he bought his own shipping label, he did not buy a box for it nor put insurance on it. i got a quote from ups for 100 dollars shipped out with a box but the buyer didn't want to do that so he proceeded to buy his own label with no insurance or box, so i wrapped it as best as i could and dropped it off at Fedex with his shipping label

I'd like to say my part that the buyer of my item only paypal'ed me the money I wanted for the part and he bought his own shipping label, he did not buy a box for it nor put insurance on it. i got a quote from ups for 100 dollars shipped out with a box but the buyer didn't want to do that so he proceeded to buy his own label with no insurance or box, so i wrapped it as best as i could and dropped it off at Fedex with his shipping label

Sorry, I did know that when you purchase something that requires to be shipped, you need to instruct the seller to 'buy a box' to ship the item you paid for. This is of course in addition to paying for shipping as well. Had you informed me that I needed to purchase a box + the item + pay for shipping I would have said thanks, but no thanks.

Just because the buyer doesn't want to pay for a shipping companies box service doesn't give you the excuse as a seller to not package it correctly. If you can't figure out how to ship something the CORRECT way either sell locally or don't sell at all.

i got a quote from ups for 100 dollars shipped out with a box but the buyer didn't want to do that so he proceeded to buy his own label with no insurance or box, so i wrapped it as best as i could and dropped it off at Fedex with his shipping label

Your ad listed $50 for shipping. What did you mean that covered when you posted your ad considering you are now saying you gave him a quote of $100?

Just because the buyer doesn't want to pay for a shipping companies box service doesn't give you the excuse as a seller to not package it correctly. If you can't figure out how to ship something the CORRECT way either sell locally or don't sell at all.

got it, thanks

Your ad listed $50 for shipping. What did you mean that covered when you posted your ad considering you are now saying you gave him a quote of $100?

X2.

The seller told me He'd ship the wing for $400 shipped, so am I to assume he was going to have me send him a pre-paid shipping label if I had bought the wing? Or better yet, he'd still want to pack the $500 wing in a diaper box and ship it on my dime for the $400 or $450 shipped?

Back