Vehicle shipping

Any recommendations out there? Experiences with costs? I am looking a vehicle in NJ, and I am in WA State. The dealership is researching shipping as well. Just doing my due diligence.

I did a search on this board but didn't find anything.

Thanks so much.

i just had my car shipped in an enclosed from virginia to california for $1750 (i think... i dont have the invoice with me here at work). anyways, i was happy with the shipper... i got him thru a broker... i think the broker took 150 (not sure) cause i had to pay the driver 1600 cash upon deelivery. anyways i got the drivers name and number as well as his card... i will bet you could negotiate with him or his company direct and save over what i spent... PM me if you want the info and i will get it to you....dave

My opinion is that 99% of brokers are a BAD deal. They just farm out to someone who farms out to someone who farms out to someone.

First problem is that you car is guaranteed to be moved from truck A to truck B and probably to truck C throughout the journey. And it may sit in a lot somewhere for days. Of course, they won't TELL you this.

Second problem is if something happens to your car its almost impossible to go after the right person. The guy that delivers it says "oh that must have been done by the first guy" and then that guy points the finger back. LOTS of bad stories out there about brokers.

Bottom line: You just spent $30k, $50k, $70k on your baby. Step up and spend a few extra hundred to have the job done right.

Or fly out and drive it back!

i buy cars all over the country i can get you quote from the transport co. pm me

I can highly recommend Intercitylines, not cheap but perfect shipping and good contacts. they fasten the car with straps over the tires so NO risk of any fastening damages.

http://www.intercitylines.com/transport_equipment.cfm

Had them ship my car from seller to NY docks for export to Europe.
Perfect transportation, perfect contacts.
Always make sure to have a complete inspection report made up at pick-up and again on delivery.
If there is any damage, it will be clear where it was done and who is responsible.

sfe6w5.jpg

bf1dud.jpg

59vn2w.jpg

I had a great experience with Reliable Carriers. The crew was husband and wife and they did a great job. When I first called them they were slightly pricey but they called me back when they were headed my direction with some open slots-that's when the price was right.

I had a great experience with Reliable Carriers. The crew was husband and wife and they did a great job. When I first called them they were slightly pricey but they called me back when they were headed my direction with some open slots-that's when the price was right.

+1

I used Reliable from Florida to Cali enclosed, definitely top class service. I'd use them again if I had to. First one on and last one off.. :smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Greetings

Here is a link rating movers:

http://www.transportreviews.com/

I used Dependable Auto Shippers. They shipped it in an enclosed truck from Boston to Silicon Valley CA. They got it here early and clean. My beef with them is that someone took Black Beauty for a joy ride while they had it. They apparently were not aware that I had the mileage of the car when they picked it up -- they drove it several miles. If you use them, tell them up front that it will cost $50 a mile for anything more than 1/2 mile driven -- same for any other shipper.

Martin

Back