Vehicle Recovery and Double Din Nav/Audio

Hello all. New owner in the OC and now that I finally found my car, I'd like to keep it. I have researched some threads on here but have not found the right or current answers. I have two questions;
1) What Vehicle Recovery Systems (if any) do you suggest?
2) I'd like to replace the existing audio system with an installed double din audio/navigation system, non glare of course. Is there a system or shop that you would recommend to do the purchase/install?

Thanks in advance.

There is a thread on here somewhere by a member who recessed a dd hu into the console to try and reduce the glare but other than that the extremely slanted angle of the dash combined with so much glass all around means you will probably just have to live with the glare during the day.

As far as the alarm / tracking / recovery system goes, take opinions from everybody you can get them from but I wouldn't post back what kind you go with. I'll post up any details about my vehicles anybody wants in an attempt to help them but security stays under wraps... far too easy to track people down this way... Its not like we are civic owners on Honda Tech... There might be 10 NSX's within 150 miles of me so it would be pretty easy to figure out who is who if you looked hard enough. No use making it any easier for people.

Maybe thats just the paranoid part of me but I've had 3 vehicles broken in to, a house and had a motorcycle stolen... People tend to pay attention when you have a bright red sports car in the driveway :mad:

Thanks for the quick comeback. I wasn't looking for anyone's bank password, just what they thought/installed on their rigs. From LoJack to Mobil Guardian to Karr, it seems there are pros and cons to all. I was looking for direction as to what other owners had installed and why.

I had seen some DIY installs but at the speed of where technology is moving, I thought there might have been improvements in anti-glare and also what is out there for systems.

Just looking for info and opinions while retaining my new purchase. I'm no stalker...

Thanks for the quick comeback. I wasn't looking for anyone's bank password, just what they thought/installed on their rigs. From LoJack to Mobil Guardian to Karr, it seems there are pros and cons to all. I was looking for direction as to what other owners had installed and why.

I had seen some DIY installs but at the speed of where technology is moving, I thought there might have been improvements in anti-glare and also what is out there for systems.

Just looking for info and opinions while retaining my new purchase. I'm no stalker...

Not what I meant... I meant don't go posting up what YOU do. Its a lot easier to steal something when you know what to expect. Kinda defeats the purpose of protecting it in the first place... Anybody dumb enough to go blabbing about their security setups deserves what will happen however.

Back