Vehicle Inspection in Bensalem, PA

Help w/ Pre-Purchase NSX Inspection in Bensalem, PA Requested

I am in S. California and extremely interested in a 1995 NSX on Ebay that is located in Bensalem, PA, which according to Yahoo Maps is about 20 miles from Philadelphia. Is there anyone in the area who would be willing to stop by and take a look at the car and report their findings to me.

The Ebay listing is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427273968&category=5337

This is a dealership that calls itself Professional Auto Exchange, they have a website at www.pro-auto.com Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Address is: 1448 Ford Road, Bensalem, PA 19020. I have been speaking with Brian Cardonik his phone number is (267)228-0801.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We on the West Coast hear lots of stories about salted roads on the East Coast dissolving vehicles. Which I wouldn't expect to harm an aluminum body vehicle, but I don't know. So I'm also interested in the experiences of others who purchased used cars from the area. CarFax (thanks to BostonNSX) shows the miles are correct but that the car has moved around starting in Louisianna, LA, to Miami Beach, FL, to New York City, NY, to Cleveland, OH, before ending up in Bensalem, PA.

Brian tells me car is flawless, but that swirls can be seen in paint. Interior is described as perfect. Custom Comtech exhaust is described as Ferrari-like. There is supposed to be no evidence of dings, chips or prior repaint or body damage. Service history unknown.

Thanks for everyone's help. I have til Wednesday August 13, 2003 to make a decision.

Last edited:
Hi.

I live in Wilmington, Delaware but I work everyday in Bensalem, PA. I am up in that area weekdays if you would like me to take a look at this NSX.

Either way good luck with your purchase.

-Rudy

Please

If it wouldn't be out of your way, I would appreciate it if you would look at the car. There are so many details you can't pick out of pictures such as paint condition, condition of seals around targa, level of wear on the interior, and generally whether the vehicle appears to have been well cared for.
If you do decide to do this I can ask them to have the car available for a drive. Let me know.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Ron Webster

Ron,

I wouldn't mind looking at the car at all. I could probably do it for you on Monday if you would like. I'll bring my digital camera if you would like pictures of anything additional then what they posted on E-Bay. Let me know what your concerns are with the NSX and I will check it out. I'll Private Message you also.

-Rudy

Ron I am in N.J. I almost bought this car a couple of months ago. I dealt with a salesman named Mike there. It does have some swirl marks under florescent lights, outside it is nice. Int. is perfect. Sounds really cool with the exaust. Car is lowered @2".
Chrome rims are flaking around the lugs. Runs strong , little bit of squealling on excelleration, it might have a loose belt.Other than that the car is right, would have bought it for $40,000, but found one a little nicer ,a 96 for $42,000. They have had the car for quite a few months.

FWIW

I looked at another NSX for sale by this dealer and decided not to. The sales person told me that in '95 the engines were turbo charged. I left and did not look back. What is the opposite of "warm and fuzzy"?

I bought it

With much appreciated help from Mikey Rudamann, I did buy this car. I am very excited about receiving it. A-1 Auto Transport is shipping it in enclosed trailer from Philadelphia to Los Angeles for $1195. I opted for closed trailer when shipper said they couldn't guarantee no undercarriage damage on this 4 inch high vehicle. I'm glad it won't spend two weeks in the elements before it arrives. Thank you for everyone's help and input. I will post pictures after I get it cleaned up. If there is ever anything I can help with here in S. California, let me know.

Re: after I get it cleaned up

I drove this car. It has been kept inside and was very clean. You won't have to clean it up. Congrats , enjoy and welcome! :) I am a newbie NSX owner too. What a machine!

Back