Values

I've done a lot of research since my first post. I've also realized that the prices of these cars are all across the board. Depending on condition ( obviously ) I've seen 95's go for as much as a 97. Since I'm starting to narrow my search down I would like some opinions. What do you think a good deal is on a 97 NSX T with mid 30K miles and good to above average body and interior condition? Also, I would like to hear from those that bought cars from long distance. I have friend who is a exotic wholesaler who says he sells cars sight unseen all the time. The thought scares me. What are your experiences?

I've been doing a lot of research on the '97's as well since I will be getting one in a year or so and for everything mint with 30K miles, they usually go no less than 45K. Expect a price range of 45-50K on average. Maybe slightly more.

As for buying across the country, the great thing about the NSX community is you can find someone in that area and I'm sure you'll find a least a few who will be more than happy to have it checked out. You can even have it checked out by shops that specialize in the NSX in that area. Anyways, good luck with your search.

Confirming what Dan H said... On a '97, asking prices are generally $45-50K (or even less) only for cars with above-average mileage and/or automatic transmission. Cars with below-average mileage generally have asking prices of $50-55K. (Remember, average is about 5K miles/year, so for a '97, average mileage is around 30K.)

You ought to be able to negotiate down from asking price by $3-5K so yes, that puts you around the high forties for a six-speed with below average miles.

Back