Value of 99 nsx.t salvage title

25,000 miles all pictures and documentation shows no frame damage and so little damage i wonder why it would have been branded salvage ....brought in to canada by curent owner in 2007 ...repaired ...inspected ..it;s a beauty... Asking price equal to 35,000 u.s ...what;s your opinion...thanks

25,000 miles all pictures and documentation shows no frame damage and so little damage i wonder why it would have been branded salvage ....brought in to canada by curent owner in 2007 ...repaired ...inspected ..it;s a beauty... Asking price equal to 35,000 u.s ...what;s your opinion...thanks

Like you I'm suspicious about the salvage status if you can believe the info about the accident damage. 35k is a good price for a 99. Being salvage - it's not a great price. When someone "tells" you it's minor damage - they better have pictures of the damage before it was repaired to back it up. Otherwise I would have a hard time believing their story.

With the info you've given here it's hard to be any more deifinitive. Good luck and take it slow.

Generally speaking, you can assume that if there was no frame damage, interior stolen, or flooded, there was at least $25,000 in damage or it would not have been totalled out. Insurance company's are not non-profit organizations :)

$35k is a horrible deal for this salvage IMO. At $10k off of that price, it becomes something to consider, but still not a steal at that price either. Just my opinion of course.

Is it possible that to claim it totaled to collect full replacement value there is a sort of insurance scam. To bring the damage up to 26,000 they put 4 wheels and tires ,damages on other items not conected to the front damage of the accident is there such a insurance policy that a 1999 totaled in 2007 the owner could profit from having it declared salvage

Where is the car located?...if it is in the GTA, the NSXCC Technical Director can help with the inspection.

Our Technical Director has over 20 years experience with the NSX and is a Factory Trained NSX Tech.

Bram

a car is typically salvaged when the estimate for repair exceeds 80% of the value of the car. So you should be skeptical as for a 99 car that woudl be 30+K in damage. it would be unusual for that amount of damage to be repaired properly after the car was salvaged.

Bram...thanks for input the car is located in montreal i have lots of pictures and all documents the previous owner kept and nothing shows salvage except for jacked up estimate to make it a salvage... Front end damage ....and they put 4 wheels and tires ... And other items.... But i will have it inspected by an acura dealer here but what i would like to know is what a 99 with 25,000 miles... Mint condition ..would be worth in canada to make this vga worth 40 ....from what i seen in the past two months of searching that 30 don;t get you much

I am no expert, but isnt there a problem getting insurance for cars with salvage titles? Or a loan? Or something else that makes owning a salvage car a real problem....

More to it than just price

J

I am no expert, but isnt there a problem getting insurance for cars with salvage titles? Or a loan? Or something else that makes owning a salvage car a real problem....

More to it than just price

J

That can be a problem. Some insurance companies won't insure a salvaged vehicle while others don't seem to mind or will only insure it for liability only(which means if you get in an accident, they only pay to fix the other person's car if it is your fault).

Same goes for a loan, most will not do a loan on a salvaged title but you can probably find someone who will(the interest rate will probably suck).

Salvage titles have no definate criteria. For example if a car in Fl. is recovered after insured is paid it is branded rebuildable even if no damage. Also if a car is hit by another, insured can make liable parties insurance buy it regardless of amount of damage and then it is branded so there is no criteria for salvage title. There are many other scenarios.Inspection is the only real way to know and you have to be good to be able to find because if fixed right its hard to find. Drive it, inspect it.

It's really hard to give a number for a Salvage title NSX in Canada. These cars are so rare that only someone that knows the NSX will purchase one, and most likely, would not want one with a Salvage title

Since tha Cdn dollar is on par with the US, $35K for a 99 is an excellent price...but it being Salvage who know what it really worth.

Email me and I'll get a recommendation from Honda Canada, with respect to which dealer is best for the inspection in Montreal.

Bram

My view on it is ... "What is it worth to you and what do you plan to do with it!"

I bought a savlage title car ... fixed it up to spec and did anything I wanted to it as the precieved & ture "value" is gone. My car is by no means a garage queen. I also drive it 3-4 days a week, have over 110,000 miles on it. I drive the car and love it.

I also put it in car shows, painted it a custom color, installed an S2000 cluster, installed short gears, changed the clutch, got aftermarket wheels, chasis bars, did some carbon fiber trim on the interior and the list goes on and on. Having a clean title car with low miles, you do not see as many owner doing all this their cars. (yes there some, but the numbers are more in favor of minor mods, wheels, exhust etc while keeping the over all factory look)

I bought mine as I did so I could do all these things and make the car how I wanted it and be able to drive without worriying about keeping it's value. So with that being said, if you are buying it wanting to hold it's value, buy one with a clean title. But if you are buying it to have fun with and not worry about keeping it's value ... as long as it is done correctly, I sse no problems with a salvage titled car. Therefor it's true value is what YOU think it's worth.

Just my 2 cents

Good luck!

My view on it is ... "What is it worth to you and what do you plan to do with it!"

I bought a savlage title car ... fixed it up to spec and did anything I wanted to it as the precieved & ture "value" is gone. My car is by no means a garage queen. I also drive it 3-4 days a week, have over 110,000 miles on it. I drive the car and love it.

I also put it in car shows, painted it a custom color, installed an S2000 cluster, installed short gears, changed the clutch, got aftermarket wheels, chasis bars, did some carbon fiber trim on the interior and the list goes on and on. Having a clean title car with low miles, you do not see as many owner doing all this their cars. (yes there some, but the numbers are more in favor of minor mods, wheels, exhust etc while keeping the over all factory look)

I bought mine as I did so I could do all these things and make the car how I wanted it and be able to drive without worriying about keeping it's value. So with that being said, if you are buying it wanting to hold it's value, buy one with a clean title. But if you are buying it to have fun with and not worry about keeping it's value ... as long as it is done correctly, I sse no problems with a salvage titled car. Therefor it's true value is what YOU think it's worth.

Just my 2 cents

Good luck!

I like this answer - it makes plenty of sense! It's a good perspective; the only thing I would add is that if this car has frame damage- then I'd have to pass. You at least want a car that is straight. If that is the case then it may be a good deal - but getting it for the right price - it may not be far off at 35k. Lots of things about the amount of damage that we just don't know here on prime.....

Back