Valuation opinions

So I came across this yesterday, interested in opinions so I can help the seller price it.

91, red/ivory, 60k miles, overall in pretty good condition. Then it gets tricky.

Car was a highly modified track rat for several years, no expense spared with a top racing shop. Turbo, built motor, 600rwhp or so on race gas, $10k BBK, suspension, other mods.

Car has been reverted close to stock by the race shop, motor completely rebuilt but 'built' (can't remember the details) so obviously TB/WP done etc. Car still has the BBK and shocks, SSR rims, but looks pretty stock otherwise. NA car, non-turbo. I think back to the stock ECU

What do you think? He gave me a price but I thought that too low. I considered flipping it myself but already have two NSXs and need to sell one as it is.

So I came across this yesterday, interested in opinions so I can help the seller price it.

91, red/ivory, 60k miles, overall in pretty good condition. Then it gets tricky.

Car was a highly modified track rat for several years, no expense spared with a top racing shop. Turbo, built motor, 600rwhp or so on race gas, $10k BBK, suspension, other mods.

Car has been reverted close to stock by the race shop, motor completely rebuilt but 'built' (can't remember the details) so obviously TB/WP done etc. Car still has the BBK and shocks, SSR rims, but looks pretty stock otherwise. NA car, non-turbo. I think back to the stock ECU

What do you think? He gave me a price but I thought that too low. I considered flipping it myself but already have two NSXs and need to sell one as it is.
Track rat, how many "track miles"? It won't show on car fax if it happened at the track, if racing is rubbing, how much rubbing did the car receive? Any "frame damage"? To me, it's worth a lot less than a 91 with 100k miles!

Track rat, how many "track miles"? It won't show on car fax if it happened at the track, if racing is rubbing, how much rubbing did the car receive? Any "frame damage"? To me, it's worth a lot less than a 91 with 100k miles!

No rubbing visible, or frame damage. I don't know about the track miles. I need to check that out and will try and get some photos.

I would say very clean condition, definitely not at the rough end of the scale.

Thanks guys.

That's a lot of "stories" people don't like stories when buying cars like these.... Rebuilt engine scares most of the buyers away let alone "former track rat":redface:

"Thought the price was too low" ???

Huh????

What was the price?

I will post the discussed price once I get some more feedback and post some pics, didn't want to muddy the waters. AFAIK motor was rebuilt as a matter of course and not dor a specific failure but will check on that. Oh, and it has Cantrell headers as well.

Interesting - the different views on mods. I would see a basically stock car with headers, exhaust and some form of lowering as a plus, but not the BBK or rims. In fact unless the car had Volk 37s or stock 94+, almost certainly a negative!

Mods are much less of a problem if the seller still has the original parts. Then it can be a plus as the mod parts can be sold by the buyer after re-installing the stock parts. Of course this isn't universally true. A car that has had a NOx kit installed will take a hit just because the kit has most likely been used.

Hugh's car??

Were you thinking Charlotte? OP says 60k miles. Charlotte has 5x that, although the rest of the description does sound like Hugh's.

P.S. Billy, is your PM inbox always full? Not accepting new PM's.

Last edited:
Were you thinking Charlotte? OP says 60k miles. Charlotte has 5x that, although the rest of the description does sound like Hugh's.

P.S. Billy, is your PM inbox always full? Not accepting new PM's.
I met him and thought he had ~200k on it but it does sound like Charlotte. Plus OP is in FL.

Pretty much. Email is the best way to reach me, for those who know me or pmed me in the past know :)

I met him and thought he had ~200k on it but it does sound like Charlotte. Plus OP is in FL.

Pretty much. Email is the best way to reach me, for those who know me or pmed me in the past know :)

Sorry for thread jacking. Billy, PM me with your email address as I don't know it. Thanks.

No, not Hugh's car.

Back