Valentine 1

I haven't... yet.

I've been pulled over many times in my daily driver with it, but they were for tinted windows and no front plates.

I've had two Valentine 1's in 6 years (Upgraded) and a Bearcat BCT-12 scanner in my daily driver. (I transfer it to the NSX only during the canyon runs.)

Just because you have a V1 doesn't mean you won't be pulled over. It doesn't make you invincible. My first speeding ticket when I was 16 was "clocked" by the officers eyes. The judge said that would hold up in court. (I wasn't fighting it... there were 3 of us young ones with our parents in some meeting room with the judge.) I just mentioned it to him...

I just did 2 weeks ago. The state trooper had an "instant on" unit and I picked up the reading while I was going 105 so I braked heavily immediately upon the first beep and he got me at 82. So to the extent that I bled off more than 20 mph, I was grateful for having the V1 in the car.

I got a ticket last weekend. It was too late by the time I heard the V1 go off. I was probably zapped by instant-on.

...or maybe I just did not hear the "early beeps" because I was fully appreciating the JGTC exhaust (windows down). :D

RSO 34, Sounds like the V1 paid for itself just getting you down to 82 MPH:)

Fortunately, I do work for the State Police and the ticket is going to be heard in a Town that is also a client. They have quotas so the ticket had to be written but they still get credit when it gets dismissed. Otherwise, the V1 would have been the difference between a relatively simple speeding ticket and a night in the local jail.

Ojas said:
I got a ticket last weekend. It was too late by the time I heard the V1 go off. I was probably zapped by instant-on.

...or maybe I just did not hear the "early beeps" because I was fully appreciating the JGTC exhaust (windows down). :D

That's what you get for congraturating me on MY ticket :D

RSO 34 said:
Fortunately, I do work for the State Police and the ticket is going to be heard in a Town that is also a client. They have quotas so the ticket had to be written but they still get credit when it gets dismissed. Otherwise, the V1 would have been the difference between a relatively simple speeding ticket and a night in the local jail.

So can you tell me how these quotas are decided. Oregons Quota must have gone up by a factor of 10000000000000000. :(

Back