Used NSX purchasing questions

I have lurked on this site for a while trying to soak up as much as possible before I make my NSX purchase. All of my cars in the past have been VTEC Hondas (1994 GSR, 1998 ITR, 2004 S2000) and I can't wait to purchase the grand daddy of all Hondas.

So I have made my decision on purchasing a 1992-1994 NSX. Can anyone give me your experiences with JJBest? I have tried to go to PeopleFirst.com but the website is not there anymore for some reason.

I have 20K saved up and I just need about 10-15K more so would I just receive a blank check from JJBest then I just fill it out to whoever I'm paying + cash? I'm probably going to be flying out of state to purchase one, do people usually have any problems accepting JJBest checks? Like will they just give me the title as soon as I hand them the check or would they have to call JJBest and make sure it's legit first?

Sorry for the lame question, and thanks in advance for any replies!

Also, as I couldn't find it on the boards, is the 1997+ NSX-T faster than older coupes?

There are lots of scams going on out there with fake checks and what not.

Personally, i would not let a car go unless its either cash or a banker's check that i can verify first with the bank in person.

Once they sign the pink slip the car is yours.

Honestly it is very hard to prove that they didnt sell the car if the check bounced.

Who knows, they might have wanted to give it to you as a gift :rolleyes:

If your purchasing a car and expect to drive it off in the sun set, cash is always the way to do. Would you want someone to hand you a piece of paper in exchange for your baby?

Even if the check does bounce and you still retain the title.... who cares? they could still strip your car to the chassie and take what counts.

so bring cash.

I understand cash is king, but how can I purchase the vehicle with 20K cash + the difference in financing?

Back