Used NSX Prices Climbing?

Is it just my imagination or are used NSX prices climbing? It used to be that you could find older NSXs in the 20k range pretty easily, but I dont seem to see that anymore. Is it due to the fact that NSXs will no longer be made after 2005 ?

At the rate they are getting wrecked, there are certainly less around.
Over the next two years, until the replacement comes out, I would think(or hope) prices would climb a little.

Well I just bought a 1995 with 63k on it for $30,500

Needs a little paint work, but hopefully a little clay job will take care of it.

splitz said:
Well I just bought a 1995 with 63k on it for $30,500

Needs a little paint work, but hopefully a little clay job will take care of it.

You might want to mention the dents, leather needing replacement, T-belt not having yet been replaced, and only partial records. I still think it sounds like a steal even if you have to put the $5K you estimated to get it back into top shape, but I would not use the deal you got to try and judge where the pricing is heading for the NSX. You had a somewhat neglected car, and a seller who did not have any idea of where to price it, as a knowledgable seller would not use KBB pricing.

smaller sample pool...

pilotstephen said:
Is it just my imagination or are used NSX prices climbing? It used to be that you could find older NSXs in the 20k range pretty easily, but I dont seem to see that anymore. Is it due to the fact that NSXs will no longer be made after 2005 ?

There are a fixed number of "older" NSX's, so w/ passing time obviously the number of clean, unwrecked, reasonably driven/maintained samples will decrease.

I use this very informal scale in grouping "olders" NSX's: {'91-'94 coupes}

$20k: *wrecked/salvaged/flood/theft/rebuilt title -or- *ultra-high miles -or- *cosmetic/mechanical issues w/o scheduled maint'/servicing

$25k: *above average miles -or- *deferred scheduled maint'/servicing

$30k: *good miles w/ all maint'/service upto date -or- *aftermarket mods'/upgrades

$35K: *very low-miles garage-queen w/ all maint'/service upto date -or- *SC'ed

$40k: *museum/showroom quality specimen hardly driven & forgotten in time, w/ all maint'/services done

The '95 NSX-T w/ 63k miles for $30k mentioned above is a fabulous deal if all the 4yr/60k & 6yr/90k mile services were done (ie. t/b, w/p, etc)! :cool: If the maint' wasn't done, add $650-850 for the 60k/4yr & $1200-1400 for the 6yr/90k... :tongue:

Shumdit said:
You might want to mention the dents, leather needing replacement, T-belt not having yet been replaced, and only partial records. I still think it sounds like a steal even if you have to put the $5K you estimated to get it back into top shape, but I would not use the deal you got to try and judge where the pricing is heading for the NSX. You had a somewhat neglected car, and a seller who did not have any idea of where to price it, as a knowledgable seller would not use KBB pricing.

Wow someone does read my posts!

Yes, you are right, there are a few more issues than mentioned in my previous post on both sides of the coin (condition of the vehical, and the KBB factor)

Hopefully the $5k is much less if the claying works the way I've been told...we'll see.

I thought you had scratched paint? If this is true, clay will not do anything. Clay is only good for removing stuff on the paint (overspray, sap, fallout, etc.) and will actually cause some fine scratches to appear as a result of it's use on contaminated surfaces (these are very fine and will polish out). It will not however remove scratches or haze.

Shumdit said:
I thought you had scratched paint? If this is true, clay will not do anything. Clay is only good for removing stuff on the paint (overspray, sap, fallout, etc.) and will actually cause some fine scratches to appear as a result of it's use on contaminated surfaces (these are very fine and will polish out). It will not however remove scratches or haze.

Yeah, I thought they were rock dings, but after scraping one of them out with my fingernail I'm hoping that they are removable. Here's the thread I started to find out more:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58429

I guess I'll know in a few hours!

ps:
shocked.gif

"Is it just my imagination or are used NSX prices climbing?"

I really cant say as I have only been really involved for about 6 months.
But I can say after running 100 car fax's and looking at / driving 9 cars for sale in SoCal clean cars were all over 30k.
(in fact I saw many beaters priced over 30k poor paint, dents, poor maint history needing $2-$3k-$4 in maint)
There are many cars needing work priced over 30k out there. Again, I cannot comment on historical pricing but can tell you my commando search reveled zero nice cars under 30k.
Low to high 30's was the norm for good running 91-94's with full history & nice orig paint with average to lower miles. Cars needing paint & body work, mech maint etc. need to be adjusted accordingly and should not be used as a guide. Off hand I dont think I saw a single NSX at NSXPO that would go for less than 30k.
Just my 2...........

Last edited:
Back