US lower 48 only sales?

ENT

Contributing Member
There are great NSX deals to be had down in the states but the majority of sellers have a blanket "will only deal with the lower 48" approach to their sale.

I understand that fraud is rampant on the Internet these days, particularly in the used car market, but isn't it restricted to "over payments" related to vehicle shipment? Are people being overly cautious because they just don't want to chance it? Are they concerned about the time it could take to clear payment drawn on a Canadian bank?

I'm not about to purchase an NSX without test driving it myself so that means flying out to see it in person. What can I do to alleviate seller concerns about dealing with a Canadian?

Cheers,
Ian

Wire transfers don't take any time to clear. I'd be happy to sell my NSX to someone north of the border, if they were willing to pay via wire transfer.

In United States even cashiers checks are now suspect as they can go bad 3 weeks later. We run a credit report on everyone now to make sure they have a good financial standing if they are paying with any kind of paper check. Not possible to run credit on non-U.S. citizens though so wire transfer works in that scenario.

We want to keep those NSX's in the states, they are getting fewer. Jetpilot took the Imola NSX, which is already rare, out of the country and sold it to Hong Kong guy.

We want to keep those NSX's in the states, they are getting fewer. Jetpilot took the Imola NSX, which is already rare, out of the country and sold it to Hong Kong guy.

Yup...shouldn't have sold it. That's not the only NSX from the U.S. market that this buyer has bought. There are many more NSX's that have been exported...myself I'm responsible for three!:wink:

There are great NSX deals to be had down in the states but the majority of sellers have a blanket "will only deal with the lower 48" approach to their sale.

You have no idea how frustrating the US market can be for buyers from outside the US, both on cars and on parts.

So many parts sellers refusing to ship out of the US. For instance when I needed new coils for the NSX, I found Acura of Lynnwood selling them on ebay. I tried to order and was blatently refused as buyer as I was outside the US, no matter that I offered payment with MC or PP at their choice, soo irritating.:mad:

I have exported several cars from the US to Europe over the years and especially the last few years I have encountered more resistance, many (even professional) car sellers simply not wanting to deal (or not wanting to take the trouble to deal) with me as foreign buyer over the internet and/or phone. I am from The Netherlands, a country with I think a good trading reputation, not from some shady african country.
Just last week I tried to make a deal for a Lexus GX470 with a professional US car seller who had it on ebay, stating he sells worldwide.
When stating my interest, but warning that when dealing with me he would need to take into account that to finalise things, this may take 4-7 days to arrange everything (banktransfer, pickup, shipping etc) he simply let me know he didn't have the time and didn't want the bother :mad:
I can only imagine that car sales are picking up too good in the US for him to so easily refuse a interested buyer.:frown:

Back