Update on my 2000 (engine fire) NSX

Hi all, I want to let you know how it is going with my rebuild...
the engine is being rebuilt at Comptech (one of their last projects).
The body has been restored to pre-burn condition (looks fantastic, see picture).
The reassy. is being done by Shad at Driving Ambition and I hope to have her on the road soon. Mods include Comptech supercharger, headers, Exhaust, WW body kit, SSR wheels. I was going to sell her in pre restored condition but decided to make her 100% before I decide to do anything. She has 21,330 miles and deserves the best.
Fritz

Attachments

• DSC00323.JPG
    DSC00323.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC00322.JPG
    DSC00322.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 304
Yes it currently has a Salvage title and will converted into a rebuilt title as soon as all the repairs are done. I wish there were better title descriptions for the damage as no major structural damage was involved. The car will be better than before with the engine being "0 timed" not to mention the substantial performance increase. You can only imagine how bad I want to drive her. Here are more resto pics...
Fritz

Attachments

• DSC00329.JPG
    DSC00329.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC00328.JPG
    DSC00328.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00292.JPG
    DSC00292.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 374
Nice!!!
What is sos doing to the engine?
Refresh? or different pistons for the supercharger?
Just had mine refreshed and she is strong.
Trev

Wow, it's looking super nice! I don't always think rebuilt titles are the worst thing in the world. I have a CBR 900 with a rebuilt title, and it's perfect. I've had it since 2001. But then again, I don't usually buy things to sell them right away either, so I'm not thinking re-sale value. If I were you, and putting that much effort into it, I'd keep her. She's looking beautiful. I don't know if people are going to flame you for having a rebuilt title, but I'm going to give you props for keeping one more NSX on the road and out of the scrap yards. I think it looks great.

Thanks for the boost Phi. As for keeping her, it is quite possible. Although I know my tendencies and I seem to never keep a car for more than a year or two. This will be my first NSX and I have a feeling that I will be hesitant to part with her. As for parting her out when I bought her NO WAY. A low milage car in this rare color must be restored not hacked apart.
There are too few things in life that make you smile everytine you see it.
This is one of those things.....

Attachments

• DSC00324.JPG
    DSC00324.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC00327.JPG
    DSC00327.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 240
Not SOS but Comptech. everything in the heads are new, valves, springs, guides etc. the block has new rings and bearings and cleaned up bores.
everything else was within new specs.

Love that color!
Also, is there any chance Comptech has one last supercharger off in corner somewhere that I could purchase???

As the engine and tranny are out of the car, the car is not sitting right at the moment. here is a picture before the engine was taken out.

Thank you for the update! It warms my heart to know that that NSX was lovingly restored and saved from the scrap heap. Soon it will be proudly cruising the streets again. :smile:

I talked to Comptech today and my engine is done! They sure did alot of work on it. rings, bearings, Comptech racing valves, surfacing, polishing, honing HO billet oil pump, water pump, timing belt, sensors, spool vavle and filter etc, etc, etc. Oh yes also the supercharger! (I got the last one, sorry).
I hope the car will be on the road in a couple of weeks (Shad is busy).

Keep us posted on this exciting (expensive) project. Your doing a great job so far. Color reminds me of the discontinued BMW M3 color, Laguna Seca Blue.
2002-BMW-M3-Coupe-laguna-seca-blue-E-640.jpeg

Back