UPDATE: O/P Run & BBQ will be on Sunday Feb. 22nd

I couldn't edit the previous O/P Run thread title, so I just made a new one to clear up any confusion....
Sunday is the clear favorite for the day of the run, so Sunday it is!!!

Meet, greet and eat from 8:30-9:30 at Dennys, then depart at 9:30...The earlier the better for traffic....For more info read previous O/P Run thread....

see O/P Run thread below for more info....

Add your name to the list....

see you there!!!

Last edited:
W said:
I'm in for the BBQ!!! Sorry, no canyon carving in groups for me.

It's pretty safe:p just stay away from some of the crazies...:D

same goes for the BBQ too;)

see you there....

BBQ will start @ 1-2 pm

91 X said:
It's pretty safe:p just stay away from some of the crazies...:D

same goes for the BBQ too;)

see you there....

BBQ will start @ 1-2 pm

I will not risk my life nor liability for the actions of others. I was reminded of that this week while a passenger in a friend's C5 Vette when he decided to race another car (despite my very vocal protests) and proceeded to weave in and out of traffic at 120mph. We could have been killed in at least 7 different spots in traffic. In one incident, if we were 1/2 a second behind our position, we'd be dead right now. I apologize for the tone of my response, but I'm still shaken that I almost died this weekend.

W said:
I will not risk my life nor liability for the actions of others. I was reminded of that this week while a passenger in a friend's C5 Vette when he decided to race another car (despite my very vocal protests) and proceeded to weave in and out of traffic at 120mph. We could have been killed in at least 7 different spots in traffic. In one incident, if we were 1/2 a second behind our position, we'd be dead right now. I apologize for the tone of my response, but I'm still shaken that I almost died this weekend.

sorry to hear about that.....doesn't sound like much of a friend to me:confused: what an A hole!!!:mad:

You need not worry about these Ortega runs, they are very safe and everyone respects each other on the road...we're driving NSX's, not vettes:D

Yeah, the Ortega NSX runs are pretty mild. It's almost like a parade for people to see. If you want to take it easy, just bring in the rear. That way no one is behind you pushing to go faster than you normally want to go.

Joel said:
If you want to take it easy, just bring in the rear. That way no one is behind you pushing to go faster than you normally want to go.
I don't know about that being a good alternative. With no maps regarding intended routes being provided (at least in the past), if someone is in the back taking their time and the group gets too far ahead, it would be too easy getting lost and separated from the main body.

As Han Solo might say before jumping into hyperspace, "That would end your trip real soon."

FuryNSX said:
I don't know about that being a good alternative. With no maps regarding intended routes being provided (at least in the past), if someone is in the back taking their time and the group gets too far ahead, it would be too easy getting lost and separated from the main body.

As Han Solo might say before jumping into hyperspace, "That would end your trip real soon."

Remember the first NSXPrime Canyon drive? I was the guy who drove too slow to keep up with the pact in front of me but too fast for the people behind me. I ended up going straight where everyone went left. Luckily, I have such a bad sense of direction that I headed home in the wrong direction and ended up passing by everyone going the other way!

W said:
Remember the first NSXPrime Canyon drive? I was the guy who drove too slow to keep up with the pact in front of me but too fast for the people behind me. I ended up going straight where everyone went left. Luckily, I have such a bad sense of direction that I headed home in the wrong direction and ended up passing by everyone going the other way!
Yeah, and that was with a map. :D

how long do these runs last? i'm interested in going but i have a hockey game in the afternoon. i don't think my team would do too well without their goalie :D

Re: Weather update

FuryNSX said:
Pretty much 50/50 in regards to chance of rain for Saturday AND Sunday.

Boy, you guys really know how to pic those BBQ/Run days, don't you. ;)

:mad: Blame me....I can't believe it!!! It's been sunny for two months and then when an O/P Run date gets set, it starts raining again:( Mother nature is a bitch!!! Oh well, we'll play it by ear...If it is raining on Sunday morning consider it canceled....If it is not looking too bad(partly cloudy) I'll be there....

Mother nature is a bitch!!!

Without father nature, you'd feel the same too. :o

how long do these runs last? i'm interested in going but i have a hockey game in the afternoon.

If you are from OC, what some people have done is to turn around when you get to Lake Elsinore. You'll be home by noon if you get started at 8:30'ish.

As for me, I'll be enjoying some pain on my dentist's chair that morning. Root canal is blast!:(

Hope mother nature be kind to y'all. Drive safely! Keep in mind that after the rain, there is going to be loose gravel on the road. So just take it easy. Have the mind set to drive this beauty home only with bugs on the windshield.

Back