Unofficial Rare JDM NSX Parts Thread

"Custom Made" door sill for factory special order NSX in Japan

Edit: Doh... Someone else already posted it. Sorry!

Attachments

• 2012-07-18 12.13.21.jpg
    2012-07-18 12.13.21.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,413
Last edited:
Does anyone have a picture of this on a car? I like it....

yi5333-img600x450-1266827184scnd8a1618.jpg

yi5333-img600x450-1266827184ekwaku1618.jpg

I have the OEM compete NSX-R cluster in my car, all NSX-R models are in KMH, in fact all NSX's are in KMH as Japan's speed designation is KMH.

I think what ristner was getting at was that this cluster has 180kph and ours in the states have 180mph. Seems like it should reflect the metric conversion, eg: 290kph.

At the time NSX-R was produced there was either a law in Japan, or at least a "gentleman's agreement" between car manufacturers that all cars would be speed limited to 180kph, plus I doubt the NSX-R was sold in any MPH markets

At the time NSX-R was produced there was either a law in Japan, or at least a "gentleman's agreement" between car manufacturers that all cars would be speed limited to 180kph, plus I doubt the NSX-R was sold in any MPH markets

Yes that is correct, JDM cars have a limiter on them, so they will not pass 180KMH, but also as mentioned Japan's speed designation is KMH so all their gauges are in KMH, and yes the NSX-R was only officially sold in Japan, as were Type-S model, S-Zero and GT.

I think what ristner was getting at was that this cluster has 180kph and ours in the states have 180mph. Seems like it should reflect the metric conversion, eg: 290kph.

Yes Im well aware of that. I forgot to add the words JDM to my reply above.

It should have read:

I have the OEM compete NSX-R cluster in my car, all NSX-R models are in KMH, in fact all "JDM" NSX's are in KMH as Japan's speed designation is KMH.

But I understand your point in thinking it should read larger in KMH, however sparky"s reply sums that one up.

Yes Im well aware of that. I forgot to add the words JDM to my reply above.

It should have read:

I have the OEM compete NSX-R cluster in my car, all NSX-R models are in KMH, in fact all "JDM" NSX's are in KMH as Japan's speed designation is KMH.

But I understand your point in thinking it should read larger in KMH, however sparky"s reply sums that one up.

Gotcha...thanks for the clarification. 111.85mph top speed would diminish the fun factor somewhat.:frown:

we, NSXPrime, should buy that NSX-R...

Although there is one Honda UK PR car, (as see on topgear) but that was JDM car aswell.
Where did that '03 NSX-R end up? The original owner (NSXPrime.com: fuzilov / NSXCB.co.uk: fuzilov) had it for sale a few times, then it was at various showrooms on consignment. There was even a break-in/joy-ride incident (:D) in its history. But, I'm curious as where it is now.

All I could find was this Prime thread, to this Dupont Registry ad.

Interestingly, right at ~$100k USD could've acquired it (from the owner) way back then. A relative bargain considering the price of the JDM analogs, ~$75k Zanardi-edition NSX mint examples changing hands in the marketplace, ~1k-miles '91 NSX & '02+ NSX-T premium priced samples trading occasionally, etc. Now, with regards to importing 'stateside an UK-reg. vehicle, no idea... :p

Re: we, NSXPrime, should buy that NSX-R...

Where did that '03 NSX-R end up? The original owner (NSXPrime.com: fuzilov / NSXCB.co.uk: fuzilov) had it for sale a few times, then it was at various showrooms on consignment. There was even a break-in/joy-ride incident (:D) in its history. But, I'm curious as where it is now.

Interestingly, right at ~$100k USD could've acquired it (from the owner) way back then. A relative bargain considering the price of the JDM analogs, ~$75k Zanardi-edition NSX mint examples changing hands in the marketplace, ~1k-miles '91 NSX & '02+ NSX-T premium priced samples trading occasionally, etc. Now, with regards to importing 'stateside an UK-reg. vehicle, no idea... :p

The car stayed in the UK and the owner is a member on the UK forum but doesn't post tht often.

Re: we, NSXPrime, should buy that NSX-R...

UK is the only place in the world where a NSX isn't expensive pricing there is 2/3 to a half of the rest of the world. insane....

how rare are these, i have one lying around boxed (few tears in box) but further in great condition!

Regards Bas
By no means do i have any knowledge about toys and how collectible they are but a acquaintance has like 3 or 4 of these

But then again he does collect memorabilia, I've never seen so many NSX related toys in one house :eek:

Gotcha...thanks for the clarification. 111.85mph top speed would diminish the fun factor somewhat.:frown:

lol yeah bit limited by that, but its easily bypassed!

I believe the limiter is in the JDM ECU because when I go over 180 kph and faster, it just buries the needle but I continue to gain speed.

I'm going to attempt to "adjust" the cluster so that 180 kph is actually 180 mph but I wanted to sit on a speed dyno to do so. Maybe in the spring, I'll make an attempt.

NSX-R was only officially sold in Japan.
Although there is one Honda UK PR car, (as see on topgear) but that was JDM car aswell.

I thought Jenson Button had a LBBP NA2 NSX-R? My understanding was he gave his yellow NA2 to his dad and custom ordered the LBBP after driving a R in Japan.

No they din't
Last one was made late '05, not sure the exact date of the NSX-R-GT 's those could have been '06

NSX-GT Hybrid was made in '09 i think which was a custom race NSX with a elongated front sub frame housing the engine car served as a KERS test bed for Honda.
That being said a front engined NSX looks quite hot, kind of like a Lamborghini Miura with it's long hood.

I thought Jenson Button had a LBBP NA2 NSX-R? My understanding was he gave his yellow NA2 to his dad and custom ordered the LBBP after driving a R in Japan.
He head a regular LBBP NSX (with a '03 with black interior i recall)
It's rumored he has a NSX-R-GT as well.

Back on topic,

The wood interior trim options from Honda where very rare I've only seen a few up for sale in Japan.
It looks terribly misplaced in the NSX, those cars where generally Automatic's too. (why not get a Legend instead?)

GruppeM Kevlar hood,
Love these they have a real stealth quality, a little know fact Honda considered this style for the production car.
bonnet04.jpg
bonnet03.jpg

A full GruppeM car:
nsx_front_2.jpg
nsx_rear_1.jpg

Note, the carbon kevlar splitter in the front, the OE style rear diffuser with at wist.

Backyard specials
Titled wing
PB180916.jpg

Featured on the NSX LM concept on GranTursimo 4

BYS headlights (originally designed by Honda in the 80's but they favored the pop-ups)
113.jpg

The awesome GruppeM exhaust system
13289v1sideli4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

refresh3.jpg

I've only seen a wooden interior trim three times. it's a very rare option.

One of the rarest least documented parts was the 97-01 roof scoop option on the NSX-S Zero, to mimic the JGTC cars of the time a under body was also a option.
I've only ever seen those parts in catalogs I've never seen a separate picture.

Last edited:
Back