Unleashing the NSX

I bought my NSX in November. Within days of purchasing it, I was out of town for 6 weeks and upon my return in late Decmeber, the chill in the Northeast was in full effect. Needless, to say the NSX was on ice and in storage. I never drove it, minus the day I took delivery for a total of 4 miles to my house.

The weather finally turned nice up here and yesterday I got it registered and went to storage to get it out. Unfortunately, I had to call AAA for a dead battery. I totally forgot that the battery was in the back, so finding it took a few minutes. The AAA guy actually said: "Wasn't this car in Pulp Fiction?"

After getting it jumped, I drove it home and put the plates on it. This was the first time I really drove the car (after waiting well over 4 months). The sound was amazing--hearing the exhaust note behind my ear, especially when I revved it high. I have yet to really go through all the gears and really get a feel for it--in fact, I just got it inspected today, so the paperwork is finally all clear.

The car also has alot more power than I thought. Maybe I haven't driven many NSX's but this FEELS alot faster than the NA1 as well as another NA2 that I had previously driven. When I purchased it, I was told it was just lowered slightly. It only has about 9K on the clock, but I've learned that it probably has headers and presumably an exhaust, given the phenomenal sounds coming out it. I bet it would dyno quite well, but that's purely speculation.

The car is an absolute joy. I took it to a service shop for inspection and the manager there asked if he could borrow my car if he ever decides to break up with his wife, amongst other comments. I am currently planning on waiting to drive it to my workplace, but not sure that will last. It's damn tempting.

I can't imaging the anticipation you must have felt looking at the car for 4 months and not be able to drive it.

Battery in the back?:confused: Huh?

In the back of the forward compartment maybe?

yeah when did the battery move to the back? I do feel your pain Im going to be waiting one year to drive my NSX. Do you have any pictures of her?

I remember when I had to jump my car the first time;luckily, I have Chris and Bryan on my speed dial to figure out how to do it! enjoy that car!

you guys recommend a trickle charger?

The 4 month wait was excruciating. After having it in my garage for a couple weeks, I had it at a storage facility so I didn't see it everyday. I can't imagine the pain that would wreak. Next year, a trickle charger hopefully.

As for the battery, by "back" I was referring to near the engine. That is where I jumped it--isn't that where it's supposed to be? I used the manual to find it after initially popping open the front hood and not finding anything. Rookie mistake.

Deltron, anytime. You've had some awesome cars. I remember you were getting some crap for the AMG, but that torque must be sick. I am pro-manual but why not try out something different especially if you already have other stick shifts. Pics of that Merc were pretty sick.

I put up some pics initially, but hopefully will get some nicer ones after its cleaned up or at least nicer out--raining here today. I'm really baby'ing the NSX more than I thought I would.

As for the battery, by "back" I was referring to near the engine. That is where I jumped it--isn't that where it's supposed to be? I used the manual to find it after initially popping open the front hood and not finding anything. Rookie mistake.

First, congratulations on your car.

Second, no the battery is not near the engine, it's in under the hood in the front compartment behind the spare tire. You do however jump the car from the back at the fuse box, behind the drivers side. Hope that helps...and I hope you didn't think the fuse box was the battery:tongue:

T

I don't think you were jumping an NSX. :eek:

NO! I assume I am not the only one?

No probably not, but if you ever need to jump the car the jump terminal is in the fuse box behind the drivers seat in the engine bay. It will make your life a lot easie than trying to stretch a cable to the battery:wink:

Pics??

Best thing you guys could ever do is just read the owners manual at least once.:wink: I'd like to see some of you try using the spare on a rear flat without the manual:wink:

Back