Underside Photos

In the past few weeks, I've looked at 2 early NSXs as a possible purchase. I've even had one put up on a lift so that I could get a look at the undercarriage for possible signs of damage and/or frame work. But I quickly realized that I really didn't know what I was looking for since I didn't have anything to compare it to. Would anyone happen to have photos of the entire BOTTOM of a 91, 92, 93 or 94 NSX? I would be grateful. Thanks.

Here you go. These are the only one I have. Mine was not in a crash and not on the track. Have a look at the CV boots. The rubber still must be fine. Otherwise the rubber was heated by the brakes which leads to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the brakes or the car was on the track. If the later is important do you that it was not. :)

Last edited:
But I don't think you'll find out by inspecting the underbody if the car was in a crash. There are much better indicators like paint finish, structure and color mismatches on different body parts. Or fitment mismatch like in the following pics of a car I recently looked into, a 91 of which I strongly believe was in a crash. The owner stated NO but I didn't care what he said. The repair was very good but not perfect. For example the engine glass lever was in a little bit funny 'neutral' position. The engine glass was closing too much and there was paint on some parts where there shouldn't be any. The outer CV rubber was looking heated often so he was on the track several times, maybe crashed the car there. So this car must have been in a severe backend crash.

Last edited:
The engine bay lever will do that if you over-extend it. I don't think it means much except that the last person to open it up cranked too hard. It'll snap back without any damage.

On a relatively stock car, one good way to check for a bent frame is to look at the wheel alignment adjusters. If they're maxed out (or near maxed) in one direction or the other it's a good sign something isn't right. The best way is to have the car corner balanced. Significant differences from stock corner weights is a big red flag. Mark

Thanks for all the photos and tips. Being better armed with info is the best way to go into such a big purchase. Its great that there is such a feeling of community here. Thanks.

Back