• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Ultrarev.com = POOR experience

I recently bought a set of Hawk brake pads for the rear of my NSX.

I went to the website "Ultrarev.com" to buy the Hawk pads for the price they had listed on their site. This price was $59.00, plus shipping.

I thought to myself this was a pretty good price. BUT, not too good to be true. However, the following day after I placed the order I received a call from a female person at Ultrarev. She stated to me that they were raising their price on the Hawk brake pads by $13. She then stated, I would either have to pay the additional money, or I could cancel my order.

I asked why I had to pay more than what their site listed as the price, since I placed my order already. She stated they were in the process of updating their website.

I then asked if I could remain at the $59 price, since it was still on their site. The woman said that was not possible. So I informed her, that if I could keep the prior price that it would keep me as a future customer. She stated that Ultrarev would rather cancel my order, and lose my patronage, than to lose out on the $13 increase. That confirmed my decision to cancel the order.

However, Ultrarev STILL billed me! Instead of waiting to contact me first to inform of the price increase. They charged my credit card, and then contacted me. A week later I see the transaction, and they did NOT recredit my account. I had to call them back, get this BS issue cleared, and it will now take another 7-10 days.

Ultrarev.com sucks. Be cautious dealing with these shady people.:rolleyes:

They are a big NY parts company and I have bought many things from them.
They even allowed me to return a $800 clutch for a full refund with no restocking fee. They also are very fast at answering the phone, checking on orders, and fixing them as well.

I don't believe your experience is common with ultra rev. They were highly recommended to me by the Turbo Clutch, the manufacture of the NSX RPS clutch and ultarev's price was $300 below SOS on the RPS clutch and many other items.

Sorry to hear you had an issue.
At least there was no harm done in the end right?
Good luck in the future.

Back