UEFA Quarter Finals

So this to me is just as big if not bigger than the world cup. World cup soccer I enjoy watching because it's the best people from their country but in UEFA it's the best of the best. UEFA style of play seems to be pretty consistent within the team because they play all year long and for many multiple seasons long. In contrast, even though national teams have all star players they only practice as a team xxx amount of time before the world cup. Even though it's 4 years away sometimes and coaches are putting together squads on and off practice for months doesn't seem to do it sometimes with how certain players styles connect or contrast.

So with the drawings today and the quarter finals set for the 27th and 28th here are the matches and my predictions.

Bayern Munich > Marseille

Barcelona > AC Milan

Benfica > Chelsea

Real Madrid > Apoel

Some cool facts and opinions

I think Chelsea has a chance to beat Benfica but only if they played as well as when they beat Napoli. Overall though I think Benfica will best Chelsea.

Apoel has never been this far in UEFA and I truly believe they have no chance, although I'd love to see Real Madrid lose.

AC Milan has a chance against Barcelona BUT it's probably not happening. They really just need to shut the midfield down because that's where all their talent is. Messi is the best, but it all starts from his supporting teammates. Barcelona is also on the path to be defending UEFA champs, which nobody in history has ever accomplished.

I have both those days off from work so I'll be glued to the TV :biggrin:

Chelsea > Benfica... Common Chelsea!!!

Madrid > APOEL

AC Milan > Barcelona... Rossoneri!!!

Bayern > Marseille

You need to get out to watch the matches!

Chelsea > Benfica... Common Chelsea!!!

Madrid > APOEL

AC Milan > Barcelona... Rossoneri!!!

Bayern > Marseille

You need to get out to watch the matches!

You were correct about all but 1. I say these next coming games will be very interesting.

But I see a Real Madrid and Barcelona final to come...

Chelsea sucks, but Bayern is playing well so Maybe, just MAYBE they may upset Real Madrid.

I may just bet some money too :biggrin:

You were correct about all but 1. I say these next coming games will be very interesting.

Chelsea sucks, but Bayern is playing well so Maybe, just MAYBE they may upset Real Madrid.

You should be letting me bet for you! :tongue:

Bump for the worlds best football team. CHELSEA FC!!!

Back