UCONN car show Apr. 9th

I just found out about this today so sorry for short notice. The UCONN car club is having a car show Sun. April 9th in W-lot (north end of campus). 10am-4pm. More info here:
http://www.uconncarclub.com/car/index.html
check uconn.edu for maps/directions or pm me. If it isn't raining, I will go.

From the event listing:
Uconn Car Club is having its 3rd Annual Car Show on April 9th 2006 on the Storrs Campus at W-Lot. This is a public event open to anyone and everyone. The Uconncarclub is expecting a handful of vendors, 500+ cars participating and thousands in attendace. Raffles, Giveaways, Vendors and LOTS OF CARS TO LOOK AT!

Tony

TyraNSX,
Same for me, if it's not raining I'll be there. Been wanting to check out your Zanardi. Maybe we can figure out a plan for this CT event we've been talking about on Prime.
Jesse

Foxy, that sounds like a good idea. Did Rob Zombie name his new song after you (foxy, foxy)? I only live ~8mi from w-lot so it won't even warm the car up for me. Cobera & clembauch & guy in Wallyworld, where are you? Sorry if I missed anyone.

Last edited:
I'm in the NW corner in a little town called Sharon. Are those other guys coming to the show? I know Clem pretty well. I'm so excited to get my girl back on the road.
Jesse

Yeah, I know where Sharon is. Been there once. You're in Limerock country.That's a good 1.5-2hrs depending on traffic.

Yeah, I had a buddy who went to UConn, so I know the trek. I've had way too much fun in Storrs. Maybe a trip the Electric Blue might be inorder before getting back on 84. Best stage in CT, or atleast back in '97. Anyway, I spoke to a friend tonight with a Porsche 911 Cabrio who might show, but he has a Esprit in FL, so bringing the Porsche to a car show is a bit of a downer. If it's sunny, see you next weekend.
Jesse

Just got a response from the contact person that this is rain or shine. Will have to watch the forecast closely.

Hi Nutmegger NSX Guys & Gallls;
Count on me to be there - With the Arrest Me RED NSX..The Trans Continent Special...I bring the picture album.. So you can all eat your hearts
out.. Wish I had gotten a picture of the speedo at a buck & aquater enroute
to Roswell NM.. Do Do DO

Regards Clem - Jesse maybe we can hookup Like at HOOTER & all travel
togeather From the N. end of the Berlin TPK ????? MIKE L are u IN?????:biggrin: :biggrin:

Beware of unmarked po-po on 384 if you come that way. Impalas & Dodges with back windows tinted very dark. There is the new Hooters in Manchester at Buckland if that is more on your way. Right near John Harvard's across from Joann Fabrics & the plaza it's in.

Maybe our CT gathering should be at the new Hooters. I certainly didn't want to go to the New Britain one. I guess it depends on if the wives are attending.
Clem -- does the Arrest me Red still have a hole in the front? Is that a RAM air boost?
Let's hope for some sun.
Jesse

The John Harvard website has a much better map than the Hooter's website. Hooter's is just down the road from John Harvard's in Manchester. Barring rain, what time were you guys planning on getting to UCONN? It would be nice to park all the NSXs together or meet away from w-lot & then arrive together to park together.

I'd prefer to get there at 10am. I don't plan on staying till the end, maybe leave around 12:30-1:00. Standing around all day drives me crazy. What's everyone else thinking?

Clem -- lets hook up and drive out together. Masha is planning on going if that affects Lori's decision. Maybe Tunxis golf driving range on Rt4? Is that convenient for you?

Jesse

Which way are you guys planning on coming in? Rt. 44 or Rt. 195? I can meet you near campus & we can arrive together.

Assuming it doesn't rain, I can meet you in the parking lot of Mansfield Supply. It's a small hardware store (low brown bldg, parking lot parallel to road & attached to road) on the right ~1/2 mi after you go through the 4 corners (intersxn 195 & 44). It's just a little before you hit campus & W-lot. Beware of cops in exit 66-67 vicinity.

edit- Just saw an ad for this in The Daily Campus. $5/vehicle entered, free admission.

Last edited:
clembeauch said:
Wish I had gotten a picture of the speedo at a buck & aquater enroute to Roswell NM.. Do Do DO

Hey Clem, your comment about the speedo just reminded me. Didn't you miss getting the picture of the speedo because you were trying to get a picture of me passing you? Isn't that the picture you showed me that is just a silver blur?:biggrin:

Tony D,
Maybe I'll have to show Clem another Kaiser silver blurr this weekend. Hope he has his camera ready. :biggrin: Hope everything is fine with you. See you soon.
Jesse

Hi Guys
I sent a message to madbox - he's a possible to go w/ us - Jesse I will meet u at the mini golf / driving range on Farmington Ave - Farmington down
near Farmington Center.. at 9am SHARP - Then we willl ZZZIIPP up MT.RD to
OTIS ELEV (By the Marriot) and hookup with MIke & whoever else wants to meet there ??? to Hop on 84e to GO GO. Im glad Tony D is Far away HE would only get us in trouble in a small state like CT. with the speeds he drives!!
I thought He was a responsible guy till I tried to follow him to PHX...Ha Ha
Hi Tony - Regard to all Clem:smile: :biggrin: LOL

Clem,
I'll be there at 9am Sun (on rt 4 correct? -- I'm sure we're talking about the same one). My cell is 860 318 1111. Masha may not be going now since there is a surprise birthday party in NYC for a friend of ours. Looking foward to Sun.
Jesse

Looks like I'm in. Clem I'll probably give you a call, but in either case I'll meet you at Otis in Farmington at 9am, Sunday. I just got my ARK-DT exhaust on so you'll know I'm coming (I'm not entirely sure I'm pleased about the level of roar but that'll be conversation for Uconn.....)

I look forward to meeting you all.

Mike:biggrin:

Weather is supposed to be good but cool. See you guys in Mansfield Supply parking lot around 10am Sunday.

There were 7 NSXs at this! 6 prime people & 1 guy that got there before us in a orange chameleon NSX with a big funky scoop on the back glass. Lots of rice though & unfortunately we were parked across from the urban jackhammer car stero show-off-athon. Nothing like a minivan with chrome spinners, lambo style doors, custom paint, and 1000W of bass to ruin the day. Weather very good but cool. Clem- thanks for the ice cream again. Nice meeting everyone.

Tony F.

I know, but I have to kill off this roll of film & get it developed. Some of the other people had their digital cameras so hopefully they will post some pics. Tony D. has a camera to die for.

Back