Type R spoiler

Posted this elsewhere but didn't get any responses...

Hey, guys. Need some opinions...my Type R conversion is nearing completion and I have to decide which NSX-R rear spoiler to get from Downforce. The DF-R model has the ends of the legs clipped so they don't stick up above the trunk like the oem Type R piece. The other model is a direct replica of the Type R oem, so the legs stick up a bit. There's no arguing that the DF-R is better aesthetically, since it does not interrupt the lines of the car, but i'm a big believer in having correct oem parts or exact duplicates when oem is unavailable. I like things 'correct,' and since Honda tested the Type R parts in a windtunnel, who's to say there won't be some minor difference in the aerodynamics with a spoiler that's been modified a bit from the original design? I'm sure Honda could have flush-mounted the legs of that spoiler if they wanted to. Help me out and throw some thoughts my way...and any pics would be great for comparison.
TIA boys,

Jon

Though i agree with your frame of thought. more than 75% of the enthusiasts that go through the nsx-r conversion don't track their cars rigorously enough to notice slight variance between either spoiler design. And yes there are other things that have a much greater effect on the aerodymaics of the car than the legs sticking up or not. Just as you'd say why did honda go to great lengths designing the CF mesh boot to reduce a few mg's of weight(that has a very minimal effect when you take into effect other worthwhile venues to reduce weight). To summarize, your choice to get either should boil down to if you want to truly represent a Type-r as best you can in it's purest form then you'd go with the oem replica. if not then the DF-r should work just fine. just my .02
regards
Desmond.

PS.
i've seen the DF-r wing and the build quality is top notch.

I got the DF-R it looks cleaner and fits the car better then the OEM style (my opinion). Go with what you like :smile:

Any pics drifter?

Back