Type R question

my friend in Canada said he got a Integra type R
and with no red recardos.. he said the north america version doesnt have one

was integra type R ever imported ? in general , not by private?
and I dun think he can pay many $ to get a real private imported ver

Yes.......they were imported several years ago. I think there were 500 imported to the U.S. each year for 2 years and they were all white with white wheels.

I've seen a black one

When I was shopping for my current NSX in spring of 2000, the dealer had a black/black Integra TypeR. The Recaros were black with red piping, which, I thought, looks much better than the red stitching in my car.

I believe all Integra R's are imported, but only JDM, Euro, and Austrailian Type R's come with the Recaro's.

1997-1998 available in Championship White only

2000-2002 available in Black and Yellow only

JDM available in silver, c/white, red, and black all years with Recaro's.

You can import the recaro's for like $2000 each or maybe $2000 for both? I dont remember, used to drive a 98 and 99 Integra GSR and used to be into all that stuff. Not sure about any of it now.

Wow, there are a lot of wrong answers posted here (although Teej was mostly correct).

The Integra Type R was sold in the United States in the following numbers:

1997 318 cars, White, white wheels
1998 1023 cars, White, white wheels
2000 ~1500 cars, Black or Yellow, gunmetal wheels
2001 ~1500 cars, Black or Yellow, gunmetal wheels (see avatar)
(none in 2002)

In Canada, it was sold in these years, and also sold in 1999. The colors were different in Canada, too; I believe white was offered in the later years, but I'm not sure which colors were offered which years.

In Japan, it was on sale for a year or two prior to 1997.

The U.S. version has seats that are not Recaros, but they are different from the other Integras. They have nylon center sections, and the side bolsters and such are made of alcantara, a material that looks like suede. And yes, they are black with red stitching.

The Canadian version came with seats that are red. I don't know if they are Recaros or regular seats, but I know that they are red.

Last edited:
Eric5273 said:
Buddy......you are just a wealth of knowledge about everything Acura related. :D
I just think it's funny that in the past two days, there have been questions about a '94 Integra and now about an Integra Type R.

Ask me about a TL or an MD-X and I probably won't know the answer.

-------------------
'91 NSX
'94 GS-R
'01 ITR

Probably quite a few NSX owners had an Integra first (or as in my case still have one...'94 LS. 200K miles and runs like new)

I would have figured there would be many former MR2 owners like me since the cars are so similar (the only other japanese mid-engine car), but I haven't seen much mention of it, so I'm not sure. :confused:

Nimbus said:

That's not entirely accurate. For example, the production numbers are wrong, as you can see from this letter:

fd9b800a.gif

nsxtasy said:
The Canadian version came with seats that are red. I don't know if they are Recaros or regular seats, but I know that they are red.

Only the 2001 Canadian ITRs came w/ red upholstered front seats. Anything prior had the black seats with red stitching.

BTW, they are not Recaros seats, just standard Honda issue.

No, I believe that they are Recaros...same as NSX-R and Type S Zero are or were. Thats all people used to talk about on the Honda-Acura forums....JDM Recaro's.

Whooohooo....nsxtasy, does that mean I came closest to the showdown showcase without over bidding??!!! ;)

Yeah, I can remember Canada having the CCWhite R's for one more additional year. The years I posted were in reference to the USDM market.

The JDM ITR had Recaro SRDs in it as pictured here:

integra_typer_inter.jpg

The NSX-R and S.Zero have a non-recclineable Recaro seat that I do not know the model name of as pictured here:

honda_nsx-r_inter.jpg

We had red seats only in the CW '01 models. Other years were black with red piping. We had CW and Phoenix Yellow for colour choices.
Seats were not Recaros, just a well bolstered Honda chair.
97+98 all CW, 01 all CW, 99 +00 were either CW or PY.
Hope this helps.

Hmm... so maybe Recaros just limited to JDM market or Europe.

Yes the Recaros are only in the JDM and European ITRs, Americans and Canadians are too fat for the skinny Recaros, or at least that's the explanation I've heard.

Teej said:
No, I believe that they are Recaros...same as NSX-R and Type S Zero are or were. Thats all people used to talk about on the Honda-Acura forums....JDM Recaro's.

The JDM Recaro seats for the ITR is the same as the ones in the JDM Civic-R but definitely not the same as the NSX-S, S-Zero, or NSX-R.

Back