Two tone (STOCK) interiors?

What do you think of the two tone interiors?

• Black is the ONLY option I would do

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • The tan/black combo is super nice on a red/black/blue car

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Makes a drab black interior look upscale

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Would hurt resale value

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
What do you guys think about the STOCK/OEM two tone interiors? Think they add some necessary spice to an otherwise mono color interior? Or think they are distracting?

I like the idea of a tan interior, but lets face it, its not really tan. Its tan seats and carpet with black dash, doors, wheel.

What are your thoughts? Think resale is hurt with the two tone? Or improved?

AND if you have PICS of two tone, post them up! Seems they are in short supply on this site. According to my searches, anyways.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Two tone interiors?

Stock or aftermarket two tone?

Stock two tone is fine. But if you zebra pattern the seat and door cushions and carbon fiber overlay the center console, then the number of interested buyers will drop dramatically. There's a GPW with a wood grain overlay center console that's been on the market for an eternity. Though it seems an easy fix, the mod also makes me wonder if the owner had the sense to care for the car in other ways if he's willing to mickey mouse his bubbled console with fake wood.

So yes, it decreases the car's value unless the stock interior was absolutely destroyed to begin with.

I have the ivory interior and as you know ivory carpet is the worst to keep new looking. I installed factory 92 dark gray {I call it black} and it blends very, very well. I'm pondering fact. black seats since I'm not thrilled with ivory seats.

I like my tan/black interior. It's got a good balance and contrast. The light color carpet is a bit of a pain for me though since my car is a DD.

I've seen 2 tone seats that I liked. When I reupholster I'll consider my options for the seats.

100% Personal preference.
As I do care for black interiors, this was a huge plus.
P4100071a1.jpg

Wow. That black/tan looks nice on a red car!

As others will say, its totally personal preference. I have black/tan and like it over the black/black but if I was to do it as custom, I would use a warmer tan, in fact saddle or palomino would be my choice in a black or blue car. YMMV.

Two tone interior color and beige/tan was in back in the 90's. Good luck keeping the tan/beige clean. It's a pain to keep clean. I prefer gray/black covers up all the dirt.

The factory Ivory on black is obsolutly gorgous and welcoming. I have had many black interior cars and next Nsx i pursue will have the Ivory Ice cream interior :cool:

Back