• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Two thumbs up for SOURCENSX !!

Ric

Experienced Member
I just bought a 2000 CTSC NSX from Brian, aka SOURCENSX on prime. He owns a repair shop in Cincinnati that specializes in NSX and he was selling his personal NSX. I live in San Diego and the NSX, being an expensive car and out of state, at first I hesitated if I should even buy it at all. However, since this car has all the things that I want, I know I have to have it. Assuming the car is in great condition as described on the for sale thread, I decided to act quickly and called Brian to negotiate a price for a car pending inspection and it took about 30 secs to get the deal done. I made the offer, he countered, I made a second and final offer, he accepted. I immediately put a deposit with a credit card. Done deal!!

I asked prime members who have bought cars from him or have dealt with him in the past and all are very happy dealing with him. He is trustworthy, straightforward and his words are gold. I also researched other forums to see other people's experiences with buying a car out of state and many were horror stories. Most people would say: PPI, PPI, PPI, and go check the car out personally. I was planning to do exactly that until I realized that my work schedule wouldn't allow me to do that, so I asked another prime member in Cincy to go check the car out for me. However he was also busy and lived an hour away from Brian and wasn't able to go check out the car for me soon enough.

I faced two choices: forget about the NSX and go back to buying local M3 or 911. However I knew that if I didn't buy this NSX, I might not come across another one like this one for a long time and I would kick myself later. I decided to buy this car without a PPI, without having anybody checking the car out, and just took Brian's words for granted. During this time, I emailed and asked Brian's every possible questions about the car and he promptly replied with detailed answers about the service history and condition of the car and so on. All I need to do after I get this car is just drive. I understood that, to make the deal happenned, I had to trust his words. I know wise men say: don't trust anybody, but I also realized that not everybody out there are trying to scam me, so I decided to take a chance on Brian based on his reputation here on prime. I sent him a check for 50+k plus and waited for things to fall into place.

Well, all well is well, as the truck arrived on friday afternoon and unloaded the car. I couldn't believe that the car was in such a good condition. Is it perfect? No. His for sale thread didn't say the car was a 10. Also I didn't expect perfection from an 11-year-old car. Other than that, it still looks so new like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Even the truck driver said that he couldn't believe the car looks so new for an 11- year-old car. The condition of the car is better than Brian described and the car runs great. The car lived up to Brian's words. This car is certainly a head turner.

Thanks for the positive buying experience, Brian !!

Back