• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Two Thumbs Up: Barney Demonbreun

REVIEW: Ashland Motorsports near Nashville, TN

I drove 450 miles to Barney's shop to have him install CT headers, CT non compliant rear beam and toe links plus some fluid changes. The entire experience was a pleasure. When I first e-mailed him, he gave me a flat price for each installation - no ifs, ands or buts. When I dropped off the NSX at his shop Friday at 7 PM, there were two other NSXs there, one from Alabama.

My car was ready by 4 PM Saturday as promised. I actually arrived a little early so we could discuss the alignment since I have the NSX - R suspension and wanted to see how much negative camber and caster we could get. He adjusted it with weight in the driver's seat and made it spot on equal from side to side.

I was impressed with Barney's knowledge, experience, conscientiousness and reasonable prices. I would recommend Barney to anyone without reservation. He took care of my car as if it were his own. I just wish his shop was closer to Charlotte. Barney's Cell Phone: 615 429-1648 [email protected]

Last edited:
I will second this for sure! Barn does great work and I couldn't ask anymore from him. If I had more thumbs I would put them up too :D

John

I'll THIRD that!
Barney did a fabulous job on my timing belt/water pump job.
He also swapped out my ring and pinion gear in my tranny.

I would highly recommend Barney to anyone needing any automotive work, especially for the NSX.

Barnman is indeed a great guy, knowledgeable of our cars and very careful when working on them.
Barny is also the only tech on the east seaboard I will allow to install my N20 kits. he's the only one I trust to do it right. so if you want a kit installed on the east coast its Barny you must talk to. I have had bad experiances with many so called n20 tuners.Barnys the man for the job.

I SEVENTH that! (I think...?)

I live on the East Coast and appreciate this thread being posted. There are very few mechanics in VA that will confidentally work on nsx.

I EIGHTH that! Fearing a fried clutch, Barney picked up my '97 T on Friday for diagnosis with the pressure plate, discs & release bearing in the trunk along with some NSX-R front chassis bars that I got from S of S (nice service there, too). Calls me Saturday PM with the good news that the ONLY things he found wrong were a weeping cam plug (which we'll replace later) and a too-tight parking brake. Charged me a more-than-reasonable price for the diagnostics & the install of the chassis bars and sent me on my merry way.

These days, there's a WAD of technicians that would have said, "Man, you need a clutch BAD!" and charged me out the wazoo unnecessarily. Not Barney. He not only has my NSX business from now on but I have 2 Legends, a '89 Prelude Si and 2 Accords in my family that I imagine he'll be seeing if he wants them. Plus, Senna is his hero too---:biggrin:

Back