Two Indy Drives Sept/Oct

To anyone that is interested, we are scheduling TWO drives from Indy to the Brown County area. There is a guy that is helping me with the event, as far as where, what to do etc. We are doing two drives to accomodate those that might not be able to do one or the other. If you can do both thats great! The first one is Sept 18 or 19. We schedule two days just in case one day is rained out. The second one is Oct 16 or 17. I'll post more details as we plan it out. Of course any input is more than welcome :) What are your thoughts?

Keep me posted and I may be able to meet up from Louisville in my beater '92. Have a buddy with a recent Comptech SC car purchase who also may have an interest. If you come a bit further south to New Albany, IN, I know a place that may set up a dyno day. It cost me $50 for 2 runs.

Doug said:
Keep me posted and I may be able to meet up from Louisville in my beater '92. Have a buddy with a recent Comptech SC car purchase who also may have an interest. If you come a bit further south to New Albany, IN, I know a place that may set up a dyno day. It cost me $50 for 2 runs.

You own a 'beater' NSX?? How so??

Had an nice NSX-T that I sold because I never removed the top. Replaced with a '92 with 100k. Now has 105k but all services and necessary maint. current with all the AC fixes and other time/mileage problems fixed. Body and interior are nice, but not Pebble Beach standards by any means, so I call it my "beater" sports car. Looks good, runs great, but don't look too closely because you will definitely find faults. I have no problem riding with my dogs as passengers or doing Home Depot runs in it.
I prefer strong running cars rather than perfect exterior so high mileage doesn't bother me. I have never owned a sports car that I sold and said "never seen rain".
BTW, my Ferrari is also a "beater".
Just a figure of speech.
Also, I never worry about the NSX mechanically so I use it like any other car when I get the chance. To me, "beater" is a positive comment.

Hey Tim, thanks for organizing again. I'll definitely be in for a drive on the 18th, I'm working on the 19th. I don't have my schedule yet for October but I rarely get a Sunday off so a Saturday is always better. Keep us posted and let me know if you need help with anything.

Nate

Im pretty sure my dad would be down for whatever. He'll probably come get me down here in bloomington. Ill send an email to him if you havent already.

Good to hear Nate, 18th it is if there is no huge rain storm. 95NST I haven't sent an e-mail to your dad yet. Could you get in touch with him as well and let him know. I'll talk to Peter soon and get more details.

I should be good to go for this Saturday the 18th as well. I have that one day available. Hope to see you all there with my "beater NSX" as well. ;)

Doug said:
Had an nice NSX-T that I sold because I never removed the top. Replaced with a '92 with 100k. Now has 105k but all services and necessary maint. current with all the AC fixes and other time/mileage problems fixed. Body and interior are nice, but not Pebble Beach standards by any means, so I call it my "beater" sports car. Looks good, runs great, but don't look too closely because you will definitely find faults. I have no problem riding with my dogs as passengers or doing Home Depot runs in it.
I prefer strong running cars rather than perfect exterior so high mileage doesn't bother me. I have never owned a sports car that I sold and said "never seen rain".
BTW, my Ferrari is also a "beater".
Just a figure of speech.
Also, I never worry about the NSX mechanically so I use it like any other car when I get the chance. To me, "beater" is a positive comment.

I agree...anyone who knows me knows I drive my NSX's in ANY weather condition. :)

So far the weather seems to be holding up for this saturday drive at Rick's Boatyard Cafe at 11 am. We'll be driving down to Bloomington, having lunch and doing a drive in Brown County. The more the better :D

Woohoo!!!! I enjoyed it fellas, first chance I've had to drive the car like that and I realized I've been missing out. The car is just made for those kinds of roads. Thanks again to Tim for organizing, looking forward to the next one! Only downside, now I have to get an exhaust after hearing Meeyatch's car, that Taitec is so badass:D

Nate

Unfortunately, my schedule didn't work out to well for October so I'll be working on both the 16th and 17th :mad: Please don't hold it against me if I do a little rain dance so it has to be rescheduled to a weekend I'm home ;) Seriously, hope it works out as well as the last one, both weather and Johnny-law wise.

Nate

timothyaw said:
Next up is October 16th or 17th.

Did the drive go off this weekend or not? I was working so I had hoped to see some pics when I got back today. If not how about this coming saturday the 23rd or fri,thur,wed,tue, I'm home all week! :p

Nate

:( no drive. even if someone would have filled tims spot and organized it, the weather would have canceled it. i think its supposed to warm in a few days but ya never know.

timothyaw said:
It was nice Sunday, but I decided to put mine away for the season. I'll still be around here on PRIME.

Tim, did you really put your car away almost a month ago? I've had so many good driving days these last few weeks. I was even out washing/waxing in the driveway today it was so warm :smile: I know its all going to come crashing to an end soon but I'm enjoying it while I can. Anyway, we should definitely try to get a good Brown County run organized for the early spring, I should have my new exhaust by then :wink:

Nate

Big_nate said:
... Anyway, we should definitely try to get a good Brown County run organized for the early spring, I should have my new exhaust by then :wink:

Nate

What exhaust are you getting??

Meeyatch1 said:
What exhaust are you getting??

I'm going to do a Magnaflow custom fabrication in SS at a local shop. I probably could've lived without it until I heard your Taitec, so thanks :tongue: . Now, if I can just come up with $10k or so to lower my car (including driveway re-grading of course) I'll have all your mods that I want. I guess I'm glad nobody around here has FI :biggrin:

Nate

Big_nate said:
I'm going to do a Magnaflow custom fabrication in SS at a local shop. I probably could've lived without it until I heard your Taitec, so thanks :tongue: . Now, if I can just come up with $10k or so to lower my car (including driveway re-grading of course) I'll have all your mods that I want. I guess I'm glad nobody around here has FI :biggrin:

Nate

Hehehe....yeah, the Taitec changes the way you look at the world in the NSX. As for nobody having forced induction.....well, nobody does....YET!! :wink:

Back